'06 RT Stalling out/ throttle body issues - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Old 07-11-2016, 11:54 AM

Magnumized is on a distinguished road
Unhappy '06 RT Stalling out/ throttle body issues

I have already had the gas tank replaced via the recall approx 2 yrs or 22,000 miles ago and now it's stalling out again, it also lights up the throttle body warning light. Is there anyone out there that I can talk to that has extensive knowledge about this issue? The local dealership is a bust and only wants to get you for diagnostic time then they "can't find or reproduce the stalling issue" so they don't do anything. A local mechanic who does my oil changes doesn't have a fancy computer that talks to my car but has cleaned the throttle body once before the gas tank was replaced. Should I just have him clean it again? Or is there some other problem possibly causing the stalling?
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2019, 08:38 PM

RTaylor is on a distinguished road

I have been having the stalling issue with my 06 RT it was real bad, I cleaned all of the wire connections with electronic spray and coated with Dielectric grease, its made a BIG difference BUT I still get random codes my next stop is a PCM replacement this year is bad for the wiring issues. Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:11 PM

RTaylor is on a distinguished road
Default UPDATE on my stalling issues 2006 RT

Got my new remanufactured PCM installed last Saturday and my car now is running great, no more weird issues....Also cleaned my throttle body it was filthy, I have noticed that it shifts better and also I am hoping my gas mileage will get a little better, one thing I have noticed is that I have checked the codes with my reader and it has shown 3 codes BUT no check engine light? Not sure what that is from but I cleared them and I will check later to see if they have came back up, but again the PCM swap has made a world of difference. I also changed my EGR valve it was bad and I did get a code for it. If anyone wants to know I got my PCM from flagshipone and it was 290 bucks.
Advertisement