05 magnum rt looking to do a few mods - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SE

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 PM

Mmob8999 is on a distinguished road
Default 05 magnum rt looking to do a few mods

First does anyone know if a factory cat back from an 08 srt8 will fit my car ? If so what would be the positives or negatives if any ? Also what's the recommended cold air intake ? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

The 08 SRT catback should fit, however you will need to reduce it from it's 3" to the 2.5" of that on your RT. It should give you a little more power as the SRT are a little more "free flowing" than that of the Rts.

If you ask 20 people about CAIs you'll probably get 20 different answers. I have some different ones on my cars. I have a LegMaker "Hammer Design" on my SRT, have a Big Bully on one of my RTs and a K&N on my other RT.
IMO the Legmaker is the best, however the most expensive. Money wise, I'd recommend the BigBully ~ about $100 less. IF you want the BEST then I'd say the LegMaker!

And from a SIX MAGNUM family in North Carolina.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 05-19-2012, 01:45 PM

Mmob8999 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot I appreciate the input.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2017, 01:04 AM

steadiman is on a distinguished road

I get the why of cold air intakes, but I don't get the why of the why factory engineers supposedly haven't already designed optimal air intake for factory engines.
Advertisement