Clunkety, clunk, clunk... - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 09:45 PM

Busted Knuckles is on a distinguished road
Question Clunkety, clunk, clunk...

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Couple questions on the drawing board. First, it seems I have the clunking ghost in my magnums ('06 SRT) front end. I've been reading around and it seems that mostly everyone has had this at one point or another along the life of the vehicle, ending up replacing tie rods. Having said that I think I've got a different ghost going on here. The clunking sound I get seems to be coming from under the driver side dash, weird... So I jacked the car up today, which is in itself o whole different event given so few jacking point options and being so factory low Being responsible, I only looked at the forum after not finding the culprit and taking the car down again. I'll check the tie rod tomorrow, though I don't think it's coming from there. In the meantime, has anyone else heard this under dash clunking? Asking some more, I recently ran into a fast dip in the road at around 40mph and the mag bottomed out on the driver side that hit the dip when the road came back up. Are these oil filled struts? Was the bottoming out normal? I checked the strut and it was squeaky clean. I've never before had a car with such a short wheel travel (mostly land yachts, stashed Nova and 25th trans am, which is almost a 4X4 compared to the mag, and my lifted F350). Can anyone throw me a bone here?
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 PM

Busted Knuckles is on a distinguished road

Update...

So my weekend has been wet, lots of rain. I checked the inner tie rod. I didn't take anything apart but there is no play or knock. Just as a reference, my recently deceased Cadi had a bad inner tie rod once and there would be a slight vibration at certain steering wheel positions while driving anywhere above 30mph, that doesn't seem to be the case here. Also checked the coolant reservoir for loose bolts or clips. I read in another post that someone had replaced mostly everything to later find out the noise was a loose reservoir bottle. Thanks in advance for any ideas!!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

I hate thumps & rattles, hard to find sometimes. I have one in the left rear on my Challenger I can't pinpoint.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement