Throttle body - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM

RT12string is on a distinguished road
Default Throttle body

I have an '06 Magnum with 5.7. I took the throttle body off and cleaned it up a bit with brake cleaner, after I got a code that idle was too high.It was between 10 and 15 or 615 to 630 and i left it alone. Last night I went for a ride and the z dash light came on and the car went into limp mode and went 45 mph home. Took my laptop out and saw it was the throttle position. After I turned it off then back on it ran ok. Any help with this problem?
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

There is a trick I learned about from another forum member and it WORKS.

After cleaning the throttle body in both my wifes and my 05 R/Ts and restarting, the car ran really rough. I found out this:

Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor and let off "SLOWLY". Not sure what this actually does, but BOTH CARS ran perfect afterwords and NO LIGHTS!

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 12-17-2011, 03:11 PM

RT12string is on a distinguished road

Push while engine is off?c
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Backlash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTPAID4 View Post
There is a trick I learned about from another forum member and it WORKS.

After cleaning the throttle body in both my wifes and my 05 R/Ts and restarting, the car ran really rough. I found out this:

Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor and let off "SLOWLY". Not sure what this actually does, but BOTH CARS ran perfect afterwords and NO LIGHTS!
Rough start after I did the throttle body cleaning on "Red" the one that has a K/N CAI but settle down and runs great!

However "Coal" has OEM air intake and had a rough start and idle high for a bit. Seems to have worked itself out, but it has thrown P0507 code. Does anybody know if the code will just go away after a bit of "standard" starts/driving??
Advertisement