Thanks for the Add - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 12:30 AM

Wagons4Ever is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the Add

Hello Magnum Forum members. I'm new to this forum. Don't own a Magnum yet, but looking for one. I'd love a clean SRT8, but will be satisfied with an RT as well. I'd like to get some inputs on build years and/or options to stay away from, as well as those which may be more desirable. As I'm actively looking to purchase a car, I'd also appreciate any leads on cars for sale. I'm in Arizona, so would prefer vehicles that are as close to my state as possible (usually a better choice from a rust standpoint too). My email is TDavino@cox.net and phone is 602-448-0521. Thanks, Tony Davino
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 05-21-2020, 10:23 PM

jpeteyjr is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Athens, Georgia.
Best of luck with your Magnum search.
Be aware of the early Hemis..They're notorios for dropped valve seats & the resulting damage that follows.
Don't ask me how I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 12:39 AM

Wagons4Ever is on a distinguished road

Thank you from Scottsdale, Arizona! I've heard plenty of stories regarding dropped valve seats and numerous corresponding solutions to the problem ranging from 180 degree thermostats, adjusting fan temps turn on thresholds (need a tuner for this adjustment?), employing hot-engine shutdown routines (idle for 60 seconds before shutting down, to replacing heads/valve seats in heads, swapping to SRT heads, etc. Sounds like you have some personal experience with this catastrophe. Do you know what, if any, of these fixes work?
Old 05-23-2020, 12:43 PM

jpeteyjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagons4Ever View Post
Thank you from Scottsdale, Arizona! I've heard plenty of stories regarding dropped valve seats and numerous corresponding solutions to the problem ranging from 180 degree thermostats, adjusting fan temps turn on thresholds (need a tuner for this adjustment?), employing hot-engine shutdown routines (idle for 60 seconds before shutting down, to replacing heads/valve seats in heads, swapping to SRT heads, etc. Sounds like you have some personal experience with this catastrophe. Do you know what, if any, of these fixes work?
I don't know for sure if any of these fixes definatively work. All of them make since as "prevenitives"
I had my Magnum for more than a year & driven it in a variety of conditions (Ga. summer; Atlanta Metro rush-hour; occasional blasts down the 1/4 mile) with no problems.
I stopped at Tires Plus one day for an oil & filter change. When I got ready to leave, the car refused to start. The motor spun over, but it wouldn't fire. After about 15 minutes of repeatly trying to start the motor, it finally fired up...and rattled rear bad and wouldn't stay running without at least 50% throttle. And, it smoked real bad.
Did a compression check, found 3 cylinders w/0 compression. Dropped 3 intake valve seats with the motor not running.
Ended up replacing the motor w/a reman from Pro Engines in Elon, NC. 3rd- Gen Hemis is all they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement