2.7 to 5.3 LS swap - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SXT

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 08:04 AM

Wracks06 is on a distinguished road
Default 2.7 to 5.3 LS swap

So i had an 07 SRT8 magnum in 2009. Loved the car,hated the trans. I always said i would have another,but with a manual. So now the fun begins! I found a one owner,california 2006 base model. Spun rod bearing. I figured i would try to roll a bearing in it and drive it for a while. That lasted about 40 mi.! I was more than dissapointed when i first saw the condition of the crank! I don't think the journals were even hardened!
The plan all along was to swap a v8 and a 6 spd in it. I already have a 5.3 LS in the floor so i figured,well,they are an easy swap motor,dependable,lots of support,and will piss alot of people off at Mopar Nats! Lol.
So that is the plan,a 2001 5.3 LS with a 6spd.,with the help of Silver Sport transmissions with the 6spd. I have the motor/trans out of the magnum now and hope to start fitment soon. Stay tuned!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180917_174506_1538135985304.jpg (497.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_124058_1538136140049.jpg (559.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_124232_1538136210171.jpg (508.3 KB, 8 views)
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Well that's one way to gay out a perfectly good Mopar LMAO

Old 10-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Wracks06 is on a distinguished road

Simple economics really.
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2020, 10:33 PM

$23,000 wasted is on a distinguished road

I have a 05 magnum rt with 30,000 miles on new engine. Previous owner stuck over $20,000 in that car. Replaced motor, trans, drive axles serval times, ex. I drove it for 3 years. It's been parked for a year, cam lifters trashed, the cumputer never worked right. Gas mileage and power has always been lacking. That car has been in and out of shops constantly. It's a beautiful sharp car that was tooken care of. I really do love to look at that car but I hate driving it. Upgraded parts cost way to much money. Why waste ten grand just for engine parts replaceing everything when you can buy a used LS series engine and new cam, LS7 valve spring. U can easily build an LS engine for under two grand that will kick that Hemi's ass. Hell want more power put a turbo on it. Less then a couple grand. A 5.7 LS can handle 750hp all day long. A 6L or bigger 900hp all it needs is a upgraded Cam, valve springs and a turbo. A Hemi needs almost ever part upgraded. But putting a chevy engine in a dodge magnum RT. Well your better off putting the dodge body on a Chevy chassis. A complete Chevy drivetrain and computer. I've done a lot of research on this. Don't get me wrong I've respect hemi. Old school big blocks 426 hell yea but it took mopar a while to make a good 5.7l hemi. Don't believe me. Look it up. Youtube it. Faulty Lifters seizing up rounding out cam. Hellcat lifters $500, valves dropping, crapy timing chains, there's more. It's a good $1500 in upgrade parts that mopar should of covered. RECALL Transmission not shifting correctly or won't shift at all. Down shifts like crazy. But can't skip a gear when up shifting. Just wants to hit high RPMs. And stay there for 2 to 5 seconds before it shifts to next gear. Wrong gear. 10 pluse seconds later finally in proper gear. I can easily complain more about the magnum rt but I'll stop because it is a sharp looking car and I really do miss mine. I'm just pissed because I'm going be wasting at least 2 to 3 1/2grand fixing or patching or replacing that engine and have less then 400hp. Don't have the time or place to put it on a 4x4 chevy chassis. Giving it justic. Instead of worry if I can stop when its slick or what ground effect going fall off. It has no rear brakes and 2 shops her at sioux falls sd tell me brakes r fine. AWD all the time dumass. Try the E brake. (It's on the same system) don't work either. No idiot lights for it or for traction control. Tire breaks lose engine=limp mode. There's a lot of great reasons for doing this build. So too the moron that posted the gay commute. Do the world a favor and drive your Prius off a cliff.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:00 PM

$23,000 wasted is on a distinguished road

Plus front and rear diffs and transfer case r junk. Just 3 more reasons to do it. A wrecked Chevy packing an LS motor r easily to find. My friend just got one for 1,000. For similar build. $150 for a custom wiring harness. Holly makes a really nice plug an play kit. $900? For non over drive, $1400 for overdrive trans. I'm putting one on my 99 GMC 454 vortex stroked to a 496. It allows you to use LS coil packs. No more vortex crap. It's been parked do to no mechanic around here can program computer. Had to rebuild engine after last mechanic shop tried. I don't take my shit any shops anymore.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:47 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by $23,000 wasted View Post
I have a 05 magnum rt with 30,000 miles on new engine. Previous owner stuck over $20,000 in that car. Replaced motor, trans, drive axles serval times, ex. I drove it for 3 years. It's been parked for a year, cam lifters trashed, the cumputer never worked right. Gas mileage and power has always been lacking. That car has been in and out of shops constantly. It's a beautiful sharp car that was tooken care of. I really do love to look at that car but I hate driving it. Upgraded parts cost way to much money. Why waste ten grand just for engine parts replaceing everything when you can buy a used LS series engine and new cam, LS7 valve spring. U can easily build an LS engine for under two grand that will kick that Hemi's ass. Hell want more power put a turbo on it. Less then a couple grand. A 5.7 LS can handle 750hp all day long. A 6L or bigger 900hp all it needs is a upgraded Cam, valve springs and a turbo. A Hemi needs almost ever part upgraded. But putting a chevy engine in a dodge magnum RT. Well your better off putting the dodge body on a Chevy chassis. A complete Chevy drivetrain and computer. I've done a lot of research on this. Don't get me wrong I've respect hemi. Old school big blocks 426 hell yea but it took mopar a while to make a good 5.7l hemi. Don't believe me. Look it up. Youtube it. Faulty Lifters seizing up rounding out cam. Hellcat lifters $500, valves dropping, crapy timing chains, there's more. It's a good $1500 in upgrade parts that mopar should of covered. RECALL Transmission not shifting correctly or won't shift at all. Down shifts like crazy. But can't skip a gear when up shifting. Just wants to hit high RPMs. And stay there for 2 to 5 seconds before it shifts to next gear. Wrong gear. 10 pluse seconds later finally in proper gear. I can easily complain more about the magnum rt but I'll stop because it is a sharp looking car and I really do miss mine. I'm just pissed because I'm going be wasting at least 2 to 3 1/2grand fixing or patching or replacing that engine and have less then 400hp. Don't have the time or place to put it on a 4x4 chevy chassis. Giving it justic. Instead of worry if I can stop when its slick or what ground effect going fall off. It has no rear brakes and 2 shops her at sioux falls sd tell me brakes r fine. AWD all the time dumass. Try the E brake. (It's on the same system) don't work either. No idiot lights for it or for traction control. Tire breaks lose engine=limp mode. There's a lot of great reasons for doing this build. So too the moron that posted the gay commute. Do the world a favor and drive your Prius off a cliff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by $23,000 wasted View Post
Plus front and rear diffs and transfer case r junk. Just 3 more reasons to do it. A wrecked Chevy packing an LS motor r easily to find. My friend just got one for 1,000. For similar build. $150 for a custom wiring harness. Holly makes a really nice plug an play kit. $900? For non over drive, $1400 for overdrive trans. I'm putting one on my 99 GMC 454 vortex stroked to a 496. It allows you to use LS coil packs. No more vortex crap. It's been parked do to no mechanic around here can program computer. Had to rebuild engine after last mechanic shop tried. I don't take my shit any shops anymore.
1. Your name is very fitting lol
2. Your Magnum could be gay too if you do that lol...you may be too, but based on those posts, illiterate might be more fitting.
3. Come back if/when you get a coherent thought
4. Forget the second part of #2, you ARE a homo for joining a forum JUST to put those worthless posts lol
5. Ain't no Prius here, but I'm betting I can fit one up your arse after I whoop it with any of the vehicles below (all but one are 5.7's)

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 02-28-2020 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement