tuners - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Detroitmuscle is on a distinguished road
Default tuners

haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Lucky enough to get some overtime. On my 2007 SRT8, I have a magna-flow 3 inch exhaust with a K&N cold air intake. Just ordered a Diablo sport I-1000 tuner. It claims that I will get 20 extra horsepower. This is the replacement or upgrade to the predator. Has anyone bought one of these and is 20 horsepower a low figure or on the high side?
Jim
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

20 is the average, you may or may not get that much hp. They no longer support the Predator but both use the same tunes. It's now the Trinity or the InTune.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM

OK thanks, will let you know when I know, appreciate the input. JIM
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

I have Three Predators; ONE on my Magnum SRT with the simple canned tune, no other options were programmed for my car and it HONESTLY really made a big difference. Don't know about actual HP but it surely runs stronger.

My second Predator came with my 300SRT SuperCharged car and I haven't messed with it AT ALL. Arrington did all the install and tune work.

My third I bought used but IS still married to the previous car. Got it cheap enough just to use as a display at car shows. I could have it reprogrammed by Diablo for $129, but don't really need it so......

Me, I'm NOT that computer savoy so I didn't really dare to mess with all the options that the Predators have. Could have done more, shift firmness, RPM rev limiter and others.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM

I appreciate your quick response. I feel that with the exhaust and CAI along with the tuner, I should probably get 30-35 HP. Do you know anyone who has done these mods and had the car dynoed? Thanks, JIM
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM

mag06srt8 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jim I just got the tunner last week, no dyno as the car is stock but the canned 91 performance tune made a big differeence to the car I would say the hp posted on the Diablo Sport website feels right. I'm lookin at the magnaflow exhaust and k n cai did u notice a big diff with those mods?
Thanks

Mike
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM

the magnaflow exhaust is sweet, low grawling tone, K&N intake is a easy install and will also change the sound a little. Yes you will notice those changes. JIM
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

My SRT Magnum has stock exhaust and only have a LegMaker carbon fiber CAI and the Predator tune and it surely DID make a difference.

My Red 05 RT Magnum has the flowmaster 40s, Blastin Bobs 9db tips, reso delete and DMH electric cutouts. And a Big Bully CAI. NO predator on this one.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement