Something isn't connected maybe? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 01-22-2020, 07:27 PM

rwalker73 is on a distinguished road
Default Something isn't connected maybe?

I recently purchased ae 2005 SXT. (250+K miles). Here's the issue. The interior lights and key fob remote only works when the key is in the ignition and switched to the on position. The interior lights will come on when the door is opened while the vehicle is running, but the key remote for the locks won't of course. I have a spare (non-remote) key, and when I put that in the ignition, and into the "on" position the key fob remote works just fine. But only in that scenario. The radio keeps the time when the vehicle is switched off, but that's it. I have to unlock it by putting the key in every time. The lock and unlock button on the driver door doesn't work, (I'll tackle that next) so it would be nice to be able to use the remote. If I wanna use the cargo area I have to take out the main key that has the remote, put in the spare key that doesn't have the remote, switch to on but not start, wait for 5 or 10 seconds, then use the unlock on the remote to unlock the rear door. What gives the remote signal receiver power when the car is off? Whatever that is, isn't working.
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Magnums don't have a specific button on the fob for hatch release, that's only for the 300/Charger/Challenger. Do you have the correct fob?
Old 01-28-2020, 12:51 PM

rwalker73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiLonestar View Post
Magnums don't have a specific button on the fob for hatch release, that's only for the 300/Charger/Challenger. Do you have the correct fob?
Not hatch release, just lock/unlock. I may have worded it wrong.
Advertisement