Seat belt chime - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM

MAGGIELOVER is on a distinguished road
Default Seat belt chime

Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to post but i figured it is since its electrical. My question is does anybody know how to disable the seat belt chime, I have heard you can find it on the internet but have been unable to. I have a 2006 r/t awd. I feel stupid asking since I manage a repair shop but all our repair books and programs won't say. I guess the manufactures don't want us to know. haha
Thank you
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 PM

wjbzone is on a distinguished road

This worked on my 2005 RT AWD:
https://itstillruns.com/turn-belt-wa...n-5902364.html

Get in the driver's seat of the car. Put the key in the ignition, but don't turn it on. Buckle your seat belt.

Step 2

Pull a bunch of seat belt slack out so you can have some room to work.

Step 3

Turn the key to the on position (you don't need to start the car) and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

Step 4

Unbuckle the seat belt, and wait for the seat belt warning light to go on.

Step 5

Buckle the seat belt and wait for the seat belt warning light to go off.

Step 6

Repeat the above two steps, buckling and unbuckling the seat belt 2 more times ending up with the seat belt buckled. Be sure to wait for the light to turn on or off each time. You must complete this within 60 seconds. If you hear a chime while doing this, turn off the car and start over.

Turn off the car. When you do, a single chime will be heard to let you know you have successfully completed the programming. If you don't hear the chime, you'll have to start the entire process over again. This seems absolutely crazy, I know, but that's the way it's done. Good luck!

Warning
Daimler Chrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert). In other words, If you do this, you can't blame them if you don't buckle your seat belt and get injured.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:51 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

The process listed above is actually in your owner's manual (pages 34-35).......
Advertisement