P1004 and Predator Tune - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Recalls and TSB's.

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 AM

Rednum is on a distinguished road
Default P1004 and Predator Tune

Greetings!
I am currently troubleshooting a P1004 code in my 2007 3.5L SXT and could use some advice. I have researched for many moons trying to get to the bottom of the check engine light that glares back at me... and I as now understand it, this code typically involves any combination of the following:
  • Flash and/or update the PCM
  • Removal and cleaning of the SRV actuator to check if it is gunked-up
  • Replacement of the SRV actuator if bad
  • Replace intake plenum (*gasp*)

I have removed and cleaned up the actuator, and verified that I can move it gently back and forth. When re-installed the engine light went out for a day or so (as it does about 30% of the time) but then came back on! So much for a free fix! LOL Alas, I digress.

Before purchasing any parts or a dealership download, I want to eliminate any potential causes that I can... which brings me to the updating of the PCM. My question is this: if I am using one of the built-in tunes on my Diablo Predator, does this mean that I do not in fact need the software update that the TSB speaks of? Or dare I take it in for the download?

Has anyone else had experience/success in dealing with this error code? I'm a bit new to all this and would welcome any words of wisdom!

Thanks in advance for your time!
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

The Predator tune does not fix any software release (TSB) that Chrysler releases that I'm aware of. If you take it in for the update, be sure to put your stock tune back in. If you don't, your tuner will not recognize the car and it will cost you to get it reset.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 AM

Rednum is on a distinguished road
Default good info

Thanks for the info! Any way I can $ave while fixing this issue is a definite plus!
Advertisement