Third Brake Light - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 03:38 AM

ncinirator is on a distinguished road
Default Third Brake Light

My car failed inspection, the 3rd brake light was out. It looked easy to replace.

I removed the paneling to gain access to the hardware holding the spoiler in place. I did a you tube search and found one video of a jackass who showed only where 3 nuts were and not the rest of the clips.

I fought with my spoiler for an hour, almost broke it off. Found that there are 3 10mm nuts and 4 plastic body panel clips that hold it on. two clips are next to the nuts, the other two are on each end of the spoiler with extremely limited access to them.

I broke one getting off and had to match it up by eye on amazon for a replacement. The spoiler is no longer produced so if you break it your are fudged.

I know, I know, you want pictures- I'll get them up later.
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2018, 02:51 AM

ncinirator is on a distinguished road

Pictures, the outer left and right plastic clips are hidden. You will need a special tool or use an extra long flat tip screw driver to get at them. The body panel clips are called ‘swordfish’ clips
Advertisement