A/C blows or not 2005 5.7, R/T , 46,126 mi, A/C inop - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Magnum Club Regional Chapters! > South East

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 06:06 PM

MsLittleLove is on a distinguished road
Unhappy A/C blows or not 2005 5.7, R/T , 46,126 mi, A/C inop

Hello Everyone, Please bear/bare with me as i am notoriously bad at posting the proper way!
My 2005 R/T A/C hasn't worked properly for about 7 months. Living in AZ, you really should have proper functioning A/C cold air and I have gone into kidney failure twice from dehydration. Each time it happens, it happens easier. I loose my blood pressure and that causes heart damage so I really would appreciate some input.
The last time i know the compressor worked was in December 2012. By March 2013, I just went out, started her up and noticed the compressor suspiciously quieter..as in nothing. I had complained to my spouse at the end of June last year that the compressor seemed a lot noisier. He just blew me off, so I took it to the dealer and tech/service writer said some of them are just noisier than others and don't worry about it!
Now, here i am, no longer married, vehicle way out of any extended warranty, driving around the metro Phoenix area at an average temp of 107, without any financial advantages to spend $1200+ to replace a Compressor, Pulley, Orifice Tube and all that silly stuff which makes Phoenix tolerable to some, life saving to others.
I do understand there isn't any way to resurrect a compressor but to be upfront, without any pride, I am flat broke (almost phrased that differently, but caught myself) wondering...is there anything other than a compressor that might explain why the system doesn't work?
I know I sound like I am looking for a miracle and I am!!!

Thank you for any help!

Couldn't find an emoticon that was sweating!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Well it could be low on freon. Once it gets to a point there is a pressure switch that cuts it off. Chances are you have a leak that did that or possibly lost oil with a leak and locked up the compressor. You can check to see if the compressor is locked up by trying to turn the center piece in front of the pulley with your hand. Unfortunately unless you know someone it's going to cost to have it checked & fixed.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 07-19-2013, 10:46 PM

MsLittleLove is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Oh well...

I gave it the college try and unless I can figure out how to make my arms grow about eight more inches and my wrist bend both ways I am afraid I will have to ask someone for a favor.
It just so happens that my son has one of his buddies over for a weekend of video games and hey mom, can you guess what kind of noise that was and I am certain if his dad has time, he wouldn't mind a quick look see, if he has the time!
The only other thing I wanted to mention was the fact that I have had my R/T since October of 2004 and aside from regular scheduled maintenance, she hasn't given me one little bit of trouble, once you get use to little idiosyncrasies like, dash and headlights pulse ever so little and when you park on a bit of an incline and apply the e brake, the rear creeps back just a hair and finally, after all this time, at the end of July or beginning of August of 2012, I finally had to replace the original battery, I love my sweet girl and I have never been happier with a vehicle. I am a very particular person when it comes to cars. Partly born that way! Partly created when I worked for Jaguar Engineering, doing durability driving and putting newly released Jaguars, through their paces before being released to the press. I can honestly say, if given the choice of receiving for free a brand new Jag, but having to give up my Dodge, I wouldn't take the Jag!
Some day when I am feeling better, I could tell some stories of durability driving that would make the hair on your neck stand up!
Thanks again rkelly, you sir are one of the good ones!
D
Advertisement