R/T or SRT-8??? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > Prospective Buyers - Question and Answer Forum

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 03:02 PM

PoliceInterceptorFan is on a distinguished road
Default R/T or SRT-8???

i am trying to decide between a R/T or SRT-8 Model. think the Police Package is basically a R/T. but it it seams like most the aftermarket support is the 2005-07 R/T. but i wasn't sure if it was true or not. i been looking places like willwood brakes. haven't looked up tuners yet but i was planing too. but i may just go with a edelbrock supercharger as opposed to a tuner. i find it funny that a edlbrock supercharger is ove 2 times as expensive of a average R/T. as much as i love the SRT-8 the buy price is a lot higher and i'm not finding much support for it aftermarket wise which surprises me actually.

my fav version of the magnum has to bee the 2008 SRT-8, it looks like a mean machine.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliceInterceptorFan View Post
i am trying to decide between a R/T or SRT-8 Model. think the Police Package is basically a R/T. but it it seams like most the aftermarket support is the 2005-07 R/T. but i wasn't sure if it was true or not. i been looking places like willwood brakes. haven't looked up tuners yet but i was planing too. but i may just go with a edelbrock supercharger as opposed to a tuner. i find it funny that a edlbrock supercharger is ove 2 times as expensive of a average R/T. as much as i love the SRT-8 the buy price is a lot higher and i'm not finding much support for it aftermarket wise which surprises me actually.

my fav version of the magnum has to bee the 2008 SRT-8, it looks like a mean machine.

To buy? As a comparison to a police car? You haven't actually phrased a question lol. Pursuit package is basically an SXT with an R/T drivetrain and suspension, except for bigger sway bars and larger diameter rotors in the back. There is a plethora of aftermarket support for every V8 version LX from 05 on up. Whether you just tune it or supercharge it, a tuner will still be involved (have to custom tune the engine for the big air pump you will have just installed on it).
Old 12-20-2018, 08:15 PM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road

I conquer with hemilonestar 100%
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2018, 10:28 PM

Incrediwagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliceInterceptorFan View Post

I have to agree

Old 12-21-2018, 11:16 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnasport View Post
I conquer with hemilonestar 100%

You conquer with me LMAO? What have we conquered? Or do you "concur"?
Old 12-24-2018, 11:46 AM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road

Danm spell check, had it right the first time.

Nice pic, SRT's look great

Last edited by Magnasport; 12-24-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:38 AM

GeoffM is on a distinguished road

Ya Looking for the right hood to complete mine, Sadly I can believe what this shop did to one

https://www.clevelandpap.com/06-dodg...-headers-more/
"We also purchased a 2008 Magnum SRT that was not involved in a collision, to use the front end parts off of" - oh the horror!

Last edited by GeoffM; 12-13-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement