SRT8 Struts and Shocks help - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Custom Chassis - Suspension

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM

oreo is on a distinguished road
Default SRT8 Struts and Shocks help

I was looking at going with bilstein shocks and struts on my srt8 but have run into a problem. No one has the front struts in stock not even bilstein. Im not looking to lower the car (to many speed bumps and pots holes in Tulsa). But I would like to get a matched set of shocks and struts and by matched I mean all the same brand. I found a good deal on some koni str.t struts and shocks but I have never run these and don't know how they ride or if they are even recommended for SRT8's. I have read some post they ride good and some saying they are not recommended for the SRT8's. So id like some opinions on this. My car is a daily driver so I need something really durable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2018, 03:03 PM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road

I haven't found any strut listing different for SRT or R/Ts for any brand and believe me I spent months looking, I've seen them listed separately but the numbers where the same. Koni has been around forever and make great drag competition and autocross shocks. I believe Bilsten's are the best money can buy but Koni's are a close second.
BTW: police spec Magnums are V6s so don't be fooled that they are ok for V8s. Also try shopping ebay they have tons of deals that are in stock.

Last edited by Magnasport; 11-20-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Not all police spec Magnums are 6's
I got mine from Summit racing, make sure you don't have Nivomats in the back, you're not supposed to replace the self leveling shocks with regular ones unless you change to the corresponding spring rate (changed in 2009 for the Charger).
https://www.summitracing.com/search/.../srt8?N=400558
Advertisement