Lights start turning on/off on dash and gauges go up/down while driving. - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 07-20-2015, 10:46 PM

sm8thers is on a distinguished road
Default Lights start turning on/off on dash and gauges go up/down while driving.

When I start driving all the lights turn on and off and than my gauges go up and down. I'm still able to drive but I'm afraid it may disable/enable something. Sometimes I'm not able to start. I would have to pop the hood and pull out a starter relay fuse and put it back in and it would start up. What is the issue? Electrical wiring? closing off terminal? CPU replacement? Any thoughts. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2016, 05:46 PM

wargoul is on a distinguished road

Had a similar issue with lights dimming and flickering. Have your alternator checked. Sounds silly, I know. But I had a cop pull us over and ask if we were signaling him for something. I replaced the switch, checked bulbs, relays, fuses, and tracked it back to the alternator.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargoul View Post
Had a similar issue with lights dimming and flickering. Have your alternator checked. Sounds silly, I know. But I had a cop pull us over and ask if we were signaling him for something. I replaced the switch, checked bulbs, relays, fuses, and tracked it back to the alternator.

Yeah, alternator. All day. Changed it once, have to change it again.
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2016, 06:46 PM

stwheels is on a distinguished road

Mine got fixed by replacing the headlight switch...
Old 08-13-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwheels View Post
Mine got fixed by replacing the headlight switch...
I tried that first and it still did it. But the alternator crapped out and I had to replace it. Then the new one exploded or something and took out my egr. So I had to replace it. But it is a dodge. So it's bound to try and kill you at least a few times.

Last edited by wargoul; 08-13-2016 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement