how to reset code P0513 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 11:02 PM

jrnardi is on a distinguished road
Default how to reset code P0513

I cleaned the battery terminals on my 05 Magnum RT and it started and ran for a few seconds (2 or 3 times). Now it won't start, the remote key fob won't lock or unlock doors and my (inexpensive) OBD II tool won't read or reset. I found the code with the ACC to On sequence.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 05:15 PM

jrnardi is on a distinguished road

Code P0513 translates to an "incorrect immobilizer key". That means that the key you are using to start the car is not recognized as the "right" key for that vehicle. Use your spare key and try again. The dealer is able to make you another key if you have 2 good ones for about $ 250 (Ft Lauderdale price). I don't know how much it will cost if you don't have 2.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Not sure my new ONE would reset this either. But this is the one I just got at O'reillys; ON sale this month..... Retail $405 ~ sale price $199.95. I've been having a blast with mine.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 12:20 AM

simstheboss is on a distinguished road

Where did you find the computer hook up? I've been searching for mine and have not found it.
Advertisement