Aftermarket LED tail lights, brake light dim on one side - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 03:43 PM

TraderPat is on a distinguished road
Question Aftermarket LED tail lights, brake light dim on one side

I installed the Spyder Auto ALT-YD-DMAG05-LED-RS LED tail lights on my 2006 R/T about three years ago.

After being told my passenger side brake light was out, I checked it and it's extremely dim, but not dead. That said, it cannot be seen in daylight or at night with the tail lights on.

I'm assuming the tail light and not the car's wiring are at fault, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Patrick
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2018, 08:32 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Only suggestion I have would be to make sure all the grounds are good and you're getting the correct voltage to that terminal.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 01-31-2018, 12:29 PM

TraderPat is on a distinguished road

Thank you! That's a good place to start. I just didn't know if it was a common issue.
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

I would assume it's probably the light but those two checks can be done easily. I guess you could take the one from the other side and just plug it in (I assume the plugs are the same on both sides) and see if the lights work, that would let you know right quick.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement