Repalcing the EGR Valve on a 2006 Dodge Magnum - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM

pavelow is on a distinguished road
Default Repalcing the EGR Valve on a 2006 Dodge Magnum

Hi has anyone ever replaced the EGR Valve on a 2006 Dodge Magnum SE? I have the part and a Haynes Manual but I get the feeling it is a little more difficult than they say. Looking for some input on how this is done.

Thank you.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

Welcome to the Z from Texas! I've never replaced the EGR on a 2.7 but I have on my 5.7. Real, real easy. I'm sure it will be just as easy on the 2.7. I am at the office right now, but will see if I can find you a step by step when I get home tonight. Glad you joined us.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 AM

Thank you SRTAndy I appreciate any help you can dig up on it!
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 PM

SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelow View Post
Thank you SRTAndy I appreciate any help you can dig up on it!

Here ya go! Found this on one of our other sites!

here is the removal procedure from FSM:

2.7L

1. EGR system components and location. Upper tube (2), EGR valve (1), and Lower tube (3).
  2. Disconnect negative battery cable.

3. Remove purge solenoid from bracket.

4. Relocate the purge solenoid.
  5. Unlock and disconnect the electrical connector from EGR valve.

6. Remove the bolts from the EGR tube to exhaust manifold.
  7. Remove the lower tube bolts to EGR valve and remove tube(3).
  8. Remove upper tube bolts to EGR valve (2).
  9. Remove the EGR valve mounting bolts (1).
  10. Remove valve from vehicle.
  11. Clean mounting surface.
to prevent vacuum leaks, i'd be replacing all tube gaskets and seals.

That is if you have access to a lift.

If you dont have access to a lift here is the way to do it.

1. Disconnect to negative terminal from battery.

2. Come up front, disconnect all connecters go to the upper intake pleanium, unbolt all the bolts holding the plenium down (10mm). Remove all 3 hoses and the upper egr tube from the plenium. Begin the fight to remove the plenium. Easiest way is to tilt the plenium back towards the windshield. And pull up and out to remove the plenium.

3. Find a couple of clean rags and place them in the intake ports on the block to prevent any dirt or anything from getting in there.

4. Unbolt the upper egr tube from the egr valve (2- 8mm bolt) Tube 2 in the pic.

5. Remove the 2 (10mm) bolts holding the egr valve to the block.

6. Unless you have a angle socket adapter or very long skinny hands and fingers to get the 2 (8mm) bolt from the lower egr tube out, you'll need to remove the lower intake tube from the header 2 (10mm bolts) with the egr valve still attached. I found this easier as i have short fat hands and fingers.

7. Begin the reinstallment. If you removed the lower tube from the header, reattach the egr valve to the lower tube makes it really easy for reinstall. When you tighten the 2 bolts for the lower tube at the header tighten them down leaving a lil movement to allow play while attaching the EGR valve. Make sure to replace the gasket between the EGR valve and lower egr tube and the EGR valve and the upper egr tube.

8. Reattch the upper egr tube to the EGR valve 2 8 mm bolts.

9. Remove the rags you put in the intake ports and reinstall the intake plenium. When you reinstall the upper egr tube to the intake plenium make sure to replace the seal to the tube (lil blue ring). Reattach all the hoses, connectors. Bolt down the intake plenium

10. Reattach the negative terminal on the battery. Start the car ensure the check engine light does not come on. Let it run for a few minutes.

11. Go inside the house pour yourself a glass of whiskey, come back out to the car and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you just saved yourself $200-$300
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM

Igolo has a spectacular aura aboutIgolo has a spectacular aura about

I like step #11 myself..lol
Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igolo View Post
I like step #11 myself..lol

Haha! That's the best part!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:12 AM

Hey thank you for the detailed instructions. I will be tackling it this weekend.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelow View Post
Hey thank you for the detailed instructions. I will be tackling it this weekend.
You're welcome, bro! Please post up once you complete it!
Advertisement