2008 awd rt mods? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > All Wheel Drive Magnum

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 AM

Jaboif08 is on a distinguished road
Question 2008 awd rt mods?

Hey guys I'm Looking to do some bolt-ons. Headers, full exhaust, tuner. Any input on which mods give you the most bang for your buck? I already have a MOPAR intake. I have 70K on the motor but if anyone has done a Cam let me know how you like it. Input is much appreciated thanks
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

The BEST and lease expensive performance would be a tuner like a predator. These really wake up the car; I know as I have THREE of these.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM

Jaboif08 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey jim

Hey jim i am planning on a tuner but i was looking for maybe headers and exhaust which ones work best. I like the SLP long tube but they are 1500 and i was wondering if they are worth it.
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaboif08 View Post
Hey jim i am planning on a tuner but i was looking for maybe headers and exhaust which ones work best. I like the SLP long tube but they are 1500 and i was wondering if they are worth it.
I'm NOT a fan of headers on the newer cars and on my supercharged 300SRT with a D1 ProCharger and forged bottom end, larger injectors, first dyno @ Arringtons in Virginia a bit over 800rwhp; too much for the street, lower boost 740rwhp; again larger pulley lowering boost to 13lbs currently at 663rwhp and it IS still really wild and scary to drive. It was tuned with a Diablo Sport Predator. My 300 has complete from engine to rear a 4" Billy Boat stainless exhaust and it's awesome. On my Mag SRT with just the Predator it made such a difference I could barely believe it. Completely stock with ONLY a LegMaker CAI

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 07-12-2020, 07:11 PM

PoconoJoe is on a distinguished road

I recently joined and have a 2008 Dodge Magnum RT AWD. I see a lot of talk about tuners and specs of different brands. I don't want to race but I'd like more power. With the larger tires, my speed and odometer is off so I'd like to fix that. The MDS is annoying when it changes. Improved MPG would be nice but I'd be happy with the previous list of improvements. Thanks. Joe
Old 07-12-2020, 08:27 PM

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Why'd you respond here to a six year old thread lol? The OP hasn't been here since making that first post (2014) and the very last time the responder posted anywhere was back in January.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 PM

PoconoJoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks but that doesn't answer my question on tuners. Any advice? Joe
Old 08-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Lew L is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Simple R/T mods

Well I,m not Joe but I have modded my 06 R/T a little. I have an AWD and the InTune i3 is a great addition. A CAI ( cold air intake) is always a +. I live in Nevada and rain is isn't a problem ---- so I fabbed a scoop behind the grill directly into the air box ( with a K and N filter) . Also insulated the CIA pipe to keep the cold air colder.
A cat back exhaust is also an easy DIY if you can get some lift time.
Good luck with you mods. Diablosport was good to work with but sometimes hard to contact.
Lew L
Advertisement