Nice today; just hadta do somethin' ! - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits > Engine Bay Modifications

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Nice today; just hadta do somethin' !

Since it is supposed to turn really COLD tomorrow and today was really nice; near 80 degrees, I started looking for something to do and remembered I had a little matching paint left so why NOT try to paint my strut tower covers.

Yup, I used the old adhesive promoter, let dry and then wiped off the surface; let it sit for around 30 minutes like the instructions said and put on two to three coats of primer and let that dry. I knew I had very little matching paint left so I used another BLUE I had for a base coat and THEN added the matching BLUE. Think they came out really good. I'll let them sit for a couple days to insure the paint has cured BEFORE I put them back into the engine bay.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Looks good Jim! I thought about painting mine but the wife likes them stock for some reason.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly16 View Post
Looks good Jim! I thought about painting mine but the wife likes them stock for some reason.
Probably silly doing this stuff to BLUE as I have NO intentions of EVER showing this car; just having some fun with it and I'll try things on this ONE I will NOT try on my better cars ~ LOL~

I originally was going to paint them yellow but changed my mind as I had some matching body paint to use so I tried that. Also knew I was very low, so I used another base coat of just some other blue paint I had in the garage and it was easier to cover up with the little bit of matching blue I had left.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Because the weather has turned much colder I wanted the paint to cure well before I put 'em back on.... OK... Long enuff... put 'em on today. I like 'em!

Old 11-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Since I was happy with the outcome of the strut covers that I painted for BLUE, I decided "What the hey!" I'd paint the ones for my Red R/T Lucky. They also came out really good so I put them on today. I painted these with the matching body paint from O'Reillys.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Piece of Heaven is on a distinguished road

They turned out Great. Great job.

www.213AutoParts.com - www.213WheelsAndTires.com
Ultimate Pedals, MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, California Customs Strut Brace, Carbon Fiber CAI's, US Speedo Gauge Faces, Pypes Exhaust Fore Precision, Automotive Touch Up Paint, Billet Technology
Old 11-08-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece of Heaven View Post
They turned out Great. Great job.
^^^ Thanks a lot for the compliment! ^^^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement