2005 Magnum R/T - Page 2 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 03:11 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Beckner18 View Post
I could use any help , but winter is almost over in KY , waiting for it to get least 50 before I try starting the car ! I don’t wanna hurt her anymore then what she is already . I will be back on in about a week with a update .

I will

Test coils
And look really hard for leaks and imma buy a obd2 reader ( nice one )

Just wanna say thank you to everyone on here ( means a lot to me )!

Maybe 2 day we schedule up a car meet for magnumns
Yes sir, don't cheap out on the code reader. Get one that will read all the codes, not just the CELs. It will pay for itself in the long run. I use one called BlueDriver, it plugs into the OBD port and links to your phone via bluetooth.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 08:00 PM

Robert.Beckner18 is on a distinguished road

Okay . So today I bought ignition coils and crank sensor .. and it didn’t solve anything . Well I thought I would give it ago and replace intake gaskets ... well now the car is wanting to idle ( run ) but the -Red Lighting Bolt & - BAS / are blinking on and off and it sounds like it has a miss fire . Is it possible that I didn’t do the spark plug in the right order ..

If someone can let me know how to hook the plugs up on the 05 magnum 5.7
Old 02-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Well you can't screw the coils up, but here's the crossover:

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 PM

So is it possible that if the cross over isn’t set right would make a misfire ?

And also when I unplug my MAP sensor in back of intake . Car will run ( still sounds like it’s misfirig ) but when I plug in it car will start the stall ? I’m sure that means it’s bad ..
Old 02-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Beckner18 View Post
So is it possible that if the cross over isn’t set right would make a misfire ?

And also when I unplug my MAP sensor in back of intake . Car will run ( still sounds like it’s misfirig ) but when I plug in it car will start the stall ? I’m sure that means it’s bad ..
It could, but I imagine it couldn't be that bad since when that coil fires, it fires the plug it's sitting on and also sends spark over the wire to a cylinder on its partial exhaust stroke. So unless you somehow accidentally ran one to a cylinder and it's causing it to fire prematurely....Can't hurt to verify though.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 AM

Okay well I put new intake gasket on it and it wanted to idle now . Well I recalibrated the throttle body ( fully press gas pedal and let go in 1 second ) and I drove it 1 block down road . Go in store and come out car back fires then shuts off ! When restarting it started to blow out grey smoke ( it’s at night ) but there was so much I couldn’t see in front of me . And on the way back home it looked like a damn jet engine was attached to my car ( really Smokey ) but I come to think it’s possible that I either didn’t place the intake on proper or it has a blow head gasket
Old 02-10-2019, 12:55 AM

Okay so I went and took heads off to Check the head gasket . Well I found out the the cylinder is broken apart ( reason for the misfire and Smokey tail pile ) well imma show some pictures ( I’m gonna change the piston but I need to know what size piston is in my 05 dodge Magnum 5.7 Hemi . - only this piston looks bad like this others are fine ( do I need pision rings an so on or just use my own on
Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 PM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road

Check the head and valves for damage, hard to tell from the pics but something broke the piston.
Always use new rings, if there are scratch's on the cylinder wall you may need to bore it over size or have a sleeve put in, piston size will depend on what's needed. A machine shop will know what you need or if no machine work is needed the guys at Summit racing will get you what you need at a good price. Also you should hone the cylinder, you can do that yourself, lots of videos on you tube to guide you. I personally would change all the rod bearings just because you will be in there and they don't cost much. Also you must use a new head gasket. I know your budget (like all of us) dictates what you can do. Just throwing in my 2 cents.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 PM

Finally got the damn oil pan off !!! But so here is what the pistion looks like . Cylinder wall may need to be fixed there’s a groove in it I can feel wth finger . I’m hoping that I get this car running by summer
Old 02-15-2019, 07:53 PM

Also the spark plug was smashed , maybe from metal being broke from pistion .
Advertisement