Two interiors in ONE CAR? Yep - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Interior Modifications & Audio / Video

Notices

Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough
Default Two interiors in ONE CAR? Yep

My Magnum is an SXT version - with the police package.

What that basically means is cloth front seats and vinyl back seats. And the tranny shifter on the column. Plus a rubber floor - which I really like. And the 5.7 HEMI.

I've been looking for an RT interior for more than a year and a half... I have looked at four other cars during that time with no success.

Until today.

I scored a nice albeit VERY DIRTY leather interior and it's white or perhaps a cream color. Plus an additional piece, the Sirius receiver AND all the factory wiring to put it in. WHOOHOO!!!

Total cost was $525 (that included them removing it all).

I will have to clean it up a lot. The plastic trim and the leather seats.

I will then treat them - Armor all for the plastic and a nice coating of mink oil for the leather pieces.

I treat all my leather products with mink oil - footwear, outer wear like jackets and my motorcycle leathers. I have a jacket that I have had for over thirty years and it is as soft and supple as the day I bought it.

I wasn't sure that the new interior would actually FIT into the car, but it did, so I didn't have to make the 2 hour round trip twice.

two interiors in one car.jpg

two interiors in one car 2.jpg

Last edited by wallew; 12-21-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 02:52 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough

It's been eight months since the original post.

Installed the R/T interior into my Magnum. Everything went in fairly easily. Except, I let my mechanic install and wire the two front seats. The ones I took out were strictly mechanical and the new R/T ones are electric. The drivers seat is both upper and lower buns can be controlled. While the passenger seat only moves the whole seat up and back electrically, with the upper portion being moved with the lever (mechanical).

But the interior is in and looks great. Probably going to have to either repair or recover the lower cushion on the drivers seat. We will see.

Next up, I just purchased a RER MyGig nav station and I'll be installing that sometime in the next couple of weeks.

It's been a bit of a challenge, as we sold our house, we then moved from Keller to San Angelo to look out after my Mom. So ALL our stuff is in four storage units... every time I need something, I have to drive over to our storage facility and dig out what I need. Use it, the drive back over to storage and put what ever I got out, back into storage.

We are looking for a place to buy, but no luck yet.

And amidst all this happening, I will install the new to me RER nav station. Can't wait to get all my stuff together and install it all. I'll post something here when I do.
Advertisement