Wreaths Across America - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion.

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Gatty Planner

Krazy Kim will become famous soon enough
Default Wreaths Across America

This is copied from another Z forum. If you have any questions, you can send me a PM since Doyle is not a member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstkilntim View Post
I apologize ahead of time for the length of this post, but please take the time to read it. Having personally met a lot of you and through the forums feel that I somewhat know a little about most of you, I think it involves something that is probably near and dear to most of your hearts. I know it is mine. First let me tell you that I am a veteran, most of the men and many of the women in my family are veterans. As a matter of fact, nearly all of my close friends are veterans or involved w/ some sort of public service. Those of you that are in a similar situation will understand where I am coming from. For those that don’t understand, my recommendation is to befriend one of these types of people and experience unbreakable bonds that will be formed.

As a lot of you know, Jacksonville Automotive Muscle, better known as JAM, is a very active group originating from Jesus’ (Bullish) hard work & desire to create a car club. Though originally a Charger Club, we are now comprised of pretty much every Modern MOPAR known to man plus a Pontiac G8. (Hey Chad) At least part of the group gets together for Car Shows, Meet & Greets or just to hang out nearly every weekend. Most of us are very active on ChargerforumZ & DSM, but I am pretty sure we have members from all of the MOPAR Nation and Z Forums.

Recently JAM has been discussing getting more involved in community service and charity events so Krazy Kim organized our first one helping a local Dodge Dealer w/ the “Keeping Kids Safe Project” that provides free digital photographs and fingerprints of children that can be used in case of emergencies. (For our local group, please check out her other thread if you are interested in getting involved.)

The second event is something that we have discussed w/ Clay and are hoping to make a Nation Wide Event & Fundraiser through all of you, “The Z Family.

Wreaths Across America (WAA) is an organization whose mission is to “REMEMBER, HONOR and TEACH”. Everything you need to know about their organization can be found at www.WreathsAcrossAmerica.org. In a nutshell, they raise money for and lay wreaths at the gravesites of our nation’s heroes. Last year, they laid 160,000 wreaths at over 400 locations stateside and 24 overseas. This year, that number will exceed 500 locations.

Last year, at the new Jacksonville National Cemetery, they laid over 1200 wreaths. This year, however, they need close to 2500. We, as JAM, have decided to raise money for as many wreaths as possible and to take part in the Wreath Laying Ceremony on December 11th. We obviously would love you guys to help us out, but really want to get many of you involved nationally. How great would it be for numerous chapters and hundreds of Z Forum Members to partake in the same ceremony, at the same time, all over the country and possibly the world? As I stated earlier, there are over 500 locations this year, so there is a great chance there is one close to you. If you are interested in that, please check out www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/Locations/ to find the closest participating location and PM me to help get you started.

With Clay’s permission, I have already signed up Mopar-Nation as a fundraising organization. Though we are signed up as Mopar-Nation for ease of identification, this is definitely intended for all of the Z Forumz. I will be posting this on the forums that I am a member of and Krazy Kim will be copying it to the ones I’m not.

Our first goal is to raise as much money as possible for WAA. I have attached a copy of the fundraising form, but it basically works like this. Each wreath cost $15.00, however signing up as a fundraising organization entitles us to receive a free wreath for every two purchased. Think of how many wreaths we could supply if each member only bought one. Now think how many we could add to that if a bunch of us actually tried to raise money for this. To get this things moving, I say we have a little friendly competition. As long as I receive the info, I will keep track of donations by individuals, forums, chapters etc. and let everyone know what is going on.

The second goal is to have mass participation in the ceremonies on December 11th. These are ultimately organized by local leaders, but we can still participate as a group. With that being said here are a couple of things to know.

1. The easiest way to donate is by credit card at www.wreathsacrossamerica.org.
2. If you prefer, you can print the form below and send a check, money order etc. to me or directly to WAA. If you do not go through me, please let me know of your donation so I can keep track.
3. Please use FLMNJAM1 as the group ID number. You can then choose which location you prefer to donate to.
4. All donations must be to the WAA offices by November 29th.

I am sure there all sorts of things that I will need to add so I will post updates to this post in red as needed. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or preferably post them here for all to see.

Thanks for your time. Let’s do this in a big way and show the world why Mopar-Nation and the Z Forumz are the best.

Doyle
jstkilntim

Please note that the file is too big to attach. Until I get that figured out, you may get it from the WAA website. Just remember to use FLMNJAM1 as the group ID number.

Are you going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Gatty Planner

bump..................

Are you going?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Gatty Planner

Come on forumZ members. This is a great cause.

Are you going?

Last edited by Krazy Kim; 10-30-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement