Did they ever put the 6.1L engine in the RT? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - R/T

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 11:46 AM

wallew will become famous soon enough
Default Did they ever put the 6.1L engine in the RT?

I'm looking at a 'salvage title' 06 Magnum.

It says RT on the rear tailgate, but says 6.1L engine under the hood.

Plus the interior is similar in design/style to the SRT8 interior (light grey inserts in a dark grey leather)

So the question is, did a fanatical RT owner put all that IN his car after he got it, or did it come from the factory that way?

Any help or info would help me decide if it's worth salvaging or not...

It also brings me to my second question.

If you knew 'back in the day' when I was growing up and started to drive (1968) that all these cars that were wrecked would one day be worth big bucks, would you have saved them? You could have probably gotten them for a song. You would have needed a place to store them.

In current lingo, if you stashed one example each (SE,SXT, RT, SRT8) of a given year and worked on them to get them all pristine, is it worth the effort in TODAY'S CAR CULTURE? How about in the future car culture - if there actually IS a future car culture?
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

The R/T would have a 5.7 in it. Just run the vehicle number to find out. Just enter it under Equipment Listing.

http://dodge.custhelp.com/app/dodge/...QxY3dfbA%3D%3D
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 11-10-2015, 07:36 PM

OK, I checked the VIN - which is

2D4GV57296H295837

and the link you provided says 'no results found' ... so much for that idea... no offense

I can't understand it

That's a 6.1L in the RT in question. It's a salvage title, so it's a bit of a question mark. Plus it's on the east coast, so all I can do is purchase it online and then have it shipped to me.

All in all, a lot of money for a 'salvage title' vehicle. BUT if it's an RT WITH a 6.1L?

How did that happen?

Thanks in advance for any insight

AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO JKELLY16

And it begs a question for JIM with 8 Magnums. HOW do you find them all? AND more, how do you PAY for them all...

I know, I know...

NOTPAIDFOR4

I get that...

Last edited by wallew; 11-10-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Worked for me, not sure if you entered the vin right. Someone just swapped the 5.7 for the 6.1.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...GV57296H295837
Check in
Here!

Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM

jkelly16,

It took me four tries to get the VIN entered in correctly. And it did bring up the exact same thing you posted.

So, a real motor head swapped his 5.7L with a 6.1L engine? That's pretty impressive.

I guess that's one way to get your way to an SRT8 without having to buy it outright!!

Thx jkelly16, I DO APPRECIATE IT!!

SO I guess the question is, with a salvage title, what's it worth?

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with it that I can see, other than missing the driver side headlight and some minor driver side fender damages plus a front fascia. It looks like it was a very minor fender bender on the driver side at the headlight...

Old 11-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Sorry, don't have a clue as to how much it's worth but if it salvage it can't be a whole lot.
Check in
Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement