New Magnum owner here - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 10:38 PM

RTaylor is on a distinguished road
Default New Magnum owner here

Hello, I have a 2006 5.7 RT and I bought it for at least I think so a good price 2800.00 , the PO was a preacher that passed and his son was clearing out the estate seemed the family wanted money ASAP for everything. The guy was a gear head and had already taken the muffler off when I got it but it had gremlins which I have gotten most of those out but 1 still lingers. The son had taken it to just about every shop in the E Town KY area to get it fixed but to no avail, it has the dying issues and then re start ok, code U0100 comm error from PCM to TCM. He had all the fluids changed, and several new parts put on it, well it being a northern car (some salt exposure) I checked all grounds and the plugs and cleaned them good and the issue is very random now, I am still looking for the source. BUT I installed a DYNATECH SS headers and free flow cats and a CAI, this car will RUN, I have dusted several newer Camaros and those little rice rockets that they think are fast. Now the Gas mileage is horrible but I drive in town (13.5-15.0) but part of that issue is my foot. The car is in great shape otherwise. It sat for over a year which is bad for any car to do. Tune up 16 SPARK PLUGS OMG! I am still leaning to the PCM being bad or going bad not sure though I have heard horror stories about the electrical issues these cars have, the odd thing is when the CK eng light comes it is always a different code? maybe 02 bad but they are brand new, clear then Ok, next code will be cam sensor, then something else, nothing now. But anyway I love the ride and you do not see many of these mine is the black color with grey leather int. Glad to be on here and hopefully can get some good performance ideas, my wife tells me to slow down but it is fun!
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 07:14 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Welcome to the Z from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy the site!
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 09-07-2019, 09:51 PM

jpeteyjr is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome to the Magnum Universe

You certainly got a decent deal on your car.
I paid $8K for my '05 RT & I've spent at least that much on it since.
I truly love driving my car, but it's without a doubt the biggest automotive mistake I've ever made. I'm so deep into it now I don't have any choice but to keep it & drive it.
Hope yours treats you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement