Rode hard, put up wet - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Drive Line

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough
Default Rode hard, put up wet

I took delivery of my 07 Magnum Police Interceptor on Monday evening. On the way home I heard a 'clunk' as I was getting on the highway and had a pretty bad vibration in the car as I was accelerating to 60 mph.

I immediately got off and looked at several spots on the car, under the car, under the hood. No hoses broken. No fluids leaking. So I limped home on the feeder road.

I called the seller who suggested I take it to his mechanic, immediately.

I did. Fast forward a couple of days and in the process of inspecting it, he found one of the rear differential bolts (attaches the drive shaft to the differential) had snapped off.

So, as he removed the drive shaft he saw some rubbing on the upper heat shield and thought that was a bit odd.

That caused him to inspect everything a lot closer. First thing he noticed was a large crack on the sub frame that holds the differential (the whole rear end actually) to the frame.

He then did a through investigation of the sub frame and found it had several other cracks in it. Here is one of the other cracks.

My mechanic (the sellers mechanic actually - he knows his stuff) and I reviewed the issues and I decided to have him replace it with a salvage yard sub frame member. The cost is $200. Labor will be eight hours ($50/hr). So, I called the seller and he agreed to pay for part, which was all I asked him to pay for.

So my car won't be ready until next week sometime. It will also have four new tie rods. Then a front end alignment and a rear end alignment.

Could have been better. Could have been MUCH worse.

New shoes for my Magnum PI - they are take offs from a 2013 Charger.

More to come, I'm sure.

Last edited by jkelly16; 04-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM

Well, the work is completed and the Magnum is now back at my place. I would post pix, but I've exhausted my limit and I can't edit what I posted earlier and make them smaller. I didn't realize the 3M limit was for ALL pix. I thought it was per post. MY BAD.

If any mod would like to remove the pix above, I can put them back as MUCH smaller thumbnails. Or just delete them completely and no harm/no foul.

I just wanted to post two pix of my Magnum, which even after shrinking them to 44kb, there's not enough space left. NOT A COMPLAINT, it's my fault for not realizing the limit set was per account, not per post.

I'll get there one day. THX.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

OK, I took them out (one time shot only ). I'm surprised it let you upload them as there is a size limit set for file types. The other option for pics is to upload to Photobucket or similar web host and link them. We do ask if you use that option that you do not remove them as it breaks the link and the pics go away and makes the thread useless.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Glad you got your car back and IMO the seller seemed more than fair as you did as well. You'll love the car. WE love all SIX of ours, believe me.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Still things to do. I'm going to put down a layer of FATMAT (like Dynamat only cheaper) to deaden all the sound. I also want to upgrade the current sound system with a Sirius module. Gotta find a space saver spare and the rear cover to go over the spare. THEN have all the black pieces painted white so it doesn't look so much like a cop car.

Front Left 1.jpg
Advertisement