Radio replacement questions - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Interior Modifications & Audio / Video

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 05:58 PM

wargoul is on a distinguished road
Default Radio replacement questions

So it's time to replace the factory radio in the wife's 05 Magnum. Found a head unit and all the wiring buts, but I've got some questions and I couldn't find the answers in the forum.

1- It has the multi disc mp3 cd/tape deck and Boston audio. Recently it lost 3 speakers. I was wondering if it's just the head unit going bad, as this has happened in several Dodge vehicles I owned, or something else?
2- is it possibly the factory amp? And would putting a new unit in do anything if it is indeed bad?
3- And a part number for the dash mounting kit w/o nav or anything like that. Can't seem to find a reliable kit.
4- Anything I should expect installing a double din unit? I had to trim some plastic from the interior of my trucks console, so more of the same?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 03:07 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough

My original radio died and I swapped that particular radio with the tape deck in a year or two ago. But it is starting to become unreliable. So I just purchased a RER take out from a company.

I'm hoping to 'step up' the entertainment portion of the car. We will see.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:20 PM

wargoul is on a distinguished road

I was looking into a factory amp bypass, but I can't seem to find a wiring diagram to do that. And I sure as hell can't find a kit number for a double din I've got my on. She likes hers all fancy and is looking for one of those touch screen systems. I'm happy I can use a USB drive and have my entire metal library in the Peacemaker. Long story short, I hit a dove first week in my new truck.
Advertisement