ABS, ESP, BAS lights - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 09:39 AM

RCwador is on a distinguished road
Default ABS, ESP, BAS lights

Hello All,

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD. The car will not start at times, fall on it's face when I try and accelerate (it shuts off and turns back on), brakes are really spongy...with a bunch of codes that are below.

Flagged Codes: U011, P0700, C1044, U140C, and I was getting a U1418.

I replaced the right rear wheel speed sensor and fixed the U1418. This only fixed the issue of seeing that code but U140C replaced it and the brakes do not feel as spongy as previously. I still have the issues with it running and driving properly. The next thing I was going after is the tone ring on the right rear.

I do have a path forward but just wanted to get some other opinions. I have came across this during Google searches but have not seen anyone with some of the driving/running severity I am experiencing. I purchased the car last Sunday and drove it home over 160 miles. We did have some issue with it "falling on its face", RPMS would go to zero check engine and other lights would flash and then it will come back to life, on the way home. Otherwise it was good...now it is much worse.

Thanks for any input.
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Only thing I have to offer is all those lights on at the same time usually indicate a bad ABS wheel speed sensor/tone ring. That being said it can also cause what I call cascading codes, it may throw codes for TCM, ABS, etc. and once the fault is fixed all the associated codes go away. Sounds like you may have more issues though.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 10-21-2020, 08:29 AM

I should have a resolution to this by the end of the week or early next week. I will post up what I find.
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 PM

MID61 will become famous soon enough
Default ABS ESP, BAS lights

I had the same code on my '06 3.5. wouldn't shift, no gas pedal, no cruise. The tone rings will rust, so if you are in northern states, or near the shore those tone rings can deteriorate. You can get just the tone rings without changing the half-shaft. There are videos for changing them. Expect a 3-4 hr job on the 1st one & 2-3 on the 2nd one. Do both rings! you will have to make a home made tool to tap the new ring back onto the bearing on the half shaft.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MID61 View Post
I had the same code on my '06 3.5. wouldn't shift, no gas pedal, no cruise. The tone rings will rust, so if you are in northern states, or near the shore those tone rings can deteriorate. You can get just the tone rings without changing the half-shaft. There are videos for changing them. Expect a 3-4 hr job on the 1st one & 2-3 on the 2nd one. Do both rings! you will have to make a home made tool to tap the new ring back onto the bearing on the half shaft.

Currently working on it I will post up if this fixed the issue.
Advertisement