incorrect gear ratio / Bad Trans Pump??? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 09:02 PM

Dntbther is on a distinguished road
Angry incorrect gear ratio / Bad Trans Pump???

so i have had an issue with my 05 RT with the NAG1 Trans in it. It will shift into any gear at 1st start up but for only 2-3 min. Different Px7xx (incorrect gear ratio) codes after I clear them.... I have changed...TCM, Wheel sensors, conductor plate, and had Dealer Re-Flash both PCM&TCM.. when I picked up the car they told me that the front pump inside the trans was bad and it had to replace it for $4500..LOL...

I have read through every post I could find on Forums about Dodge / Mercedes, Facebook,.. I even found the PDF on the NAG1 training, with trouble shooting tips.. Not 1 time have I seen anything about the front Pump going bad. All I asked the dealer to do was re-flash and check the fluid level. When I came to pick the car up they told me it had a bad motor mount and the half shaft in the steering column needed to be replaced.. I asked how they found that out and was told they put it on the lift to check things out.. The issue I have is I didn't ask for them to put it on the lift or for them to look it over.. input on the Bad front Pump would be awesome...
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 06:59 PM

baseballkid09 is on a distinguished road

This may be easier said than done but Quit taking it to a dealer, and take it to transmission shop. Dealers are morons.
Advertisement