Please help!!!! - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 07:46 PM

Fmskater4life is on a distinguished road
Question Please help!!!!

Ok guys so I have a 2006 dodge magnum R/T 5.7L hemi rwd and my fuel pump and fuel sending unit/regulator went out and I ordered parts from rock auto and installed and car ran great! A week later I get in it starts up go to gas station to air tire up and dies at the station just has a long crank and if it starts it stays on for a second and dies again. Is it my sending unit again or something else? I can hear the fuel pump prime itself when I turn key over to the “on” location before turning over. Any adicve is greatly appreciated
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2020, 09:19 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

If you can hear the fuel pump prime I would say you probably should look for another issue.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 05-28-2020, 07:07 PM

baseballkid09 is on a distinguished road

Have you done the gas tank recall?
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2020, 09:23 AM

tiopaco07 is on a distinguished road

I have an 06 with a 3.5 and when I replaced the fuel pump and sending unit I had the same thing happen to me. Turns out the fuel lines were not pushed in all the way and popped off. You have to hear a click when you push them into place. Hope this helps.
Advertisement