my first dyno pull - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SXT

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 09:48 PM

gunracer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up my first dyno pull

today i got to put my car on the dyno for the first time.

its only a 3.5 with a few mods but man does it growl like a v8
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 01:40 PM

GreenKing will become famous soon enoughGreenKing will become famous soon enough

dynos are always fun!!

what were your numbers?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 PM

off a dyno dynamics i pulled a 193 hp with 218 ft lb's of torque. they were telling me the horse power would be around 220 on a different type of dyno and the torque would be higher too
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

georgiaslim45 is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty good for a 3.5L. I know stock at the rear wheels its about 175/180 hp right? What mods do you have?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 AM

ive got a ported and polished lower intake manifold and throttle body, big bully cai, magnaflow muffler, blastin bobs 10 db dual conversion kit w/ 4" tips, big bully oil catch can, and a diablo tuner using the 93 performance tune and 93 oct pump gas
Old 09-06-2010, 01:24 PM

munk1069 is on a distinguished road

how much does a intake and exaust help on a 3.5 magnum
Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

id say upwards of 20 hp max
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

One of our four magnums is an 06 SXT, 3.5L with 4 speed trans. After we got this car, private party with 17,100 miles; about two months later, we had all kinds of electrical issues @ 19,000 miles only to find out it was a Lousianna Flood Car. It took us a YEAR and several dealers to finally find a dealer mechanic to figure out all what was wrong with it.
(One reason we have so many magnums ~ when we thought this one was DEAD I found my wife her 05 R/T and bought that for her).
Anyhow, the strange part of all of this is..... this car ~ when it started ~ always ran GREAT and pretty much more peppy than I anticipated. The last dealer got her running GREAT!
About a month ago, (the wife and I almost ALWAYS TAKE TWO CARS EVERY WHERE, JUST 'CUZ IT'S FUN), and on the way home, HER driving the SXT and me in my 05 Hemi opened up on our back road... just to blow them out a little....
To my AMAZEMENT..... She took off and I thought I'd be a wise guy and fly by her with the HEMI ~ That DID NOT happen!!! I stayed right with her but hers stayed right ahead of me. WAY more power in that little V6 than I expected. It does have TRUE dual exhaust from the engine to the rear = NO X pipe!
I just wanted to share how good this car runs now; peppy, sounds good, looks good and just turned 26,000 miles. I'm sure glad we DID NOT give up on it.

Here is a picture of my 05 R/T and Tee's 06 SXT (Yup, her's has lowering springs)

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 11-16-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Grey Beard

Just wanted to chime in here as I have an 08 SXT with the 3.5l. I have also done the lower intake port n polish but took it a bit further as I had the heads ported n polished also as well as having the valves deshrouded. Also have a true CAI as it is in the driver fender...covered up by the front belly pan...a Borla cat back dual exhaust as well as the must needed predator. The last dyno run I pulled I was totally surpirsed to see the hp numbers climb over 240 to 243 and the torques to 262.
I can not believe the amount of fun these engines are able to produce in such a heavy vehicle.

Last edited by Grey Beard; 11-23-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 PM

did you go with bigger cams or did you keep the stock ones
Advertisement