Rear Hatch weather stripping screws - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Dodge Magnum Discussion > Dodge Magnum General Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM

rosemaryd is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Hatch weather stripping screws

The top of the rear hatch has weather stripping that has deteriorated.
I got the replacement but I don't have the star shaped nuts that go on the built in screws. Once you pull them off they are garbage.
Anyone know where I can get 8 of them?
I tried a garage and an auto parts store.
Do I have to go thru the dealer?
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

NOT exactly sure where you could get those. I replace the rubber myself with home made rubber that was actually for a Ford Truck windshield. I used a nut driver to remove mine; replaced the rubber by lining up the holes, drilling them out of the rubber and then cut the notches for the hindges. This new piece is actually so much better than the factory rubber ones. Looks good too.

I believe you could use any NUT that would actually fit the pins. You could actually use some small wire nuts; I'm sure they would work.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM

igormina is on a distinguished road

Reply from newbie. From my own experience - dealer weatherstrip was relatively painless a little over 20$. I know for a fact that if You buying any parts for SRT and mention it to parts guys they do have a special discount. Now lets come back to our nuts! Dealer price way over 3$ for 1 so You save an old one for the measurement and head to Home Depot, where price under 5$ for 12. The only downside they are polish aluminum. So if You really want mfg look - a little black touch up kit and 15 min later You have perfectly black nuts!
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM

BlackBandit is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the part number for the weather strip? I am sure my local parts man won't have a clue. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 PM

According 06 LX Parts catalog it would be 5112 152AD - WEATHERSTRIP, Liftgate Opening, Upper, Secondary. My local Dodge parts guys found it without problems.
Than You gonna need 8 grommets - 5023 175AA. For that see my post above.

Last edited by igormina; 06-04-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:27 PM

adias3rams is on a distinguished road

I recently bought an 05 RT. I just got the weather strip, spring nuts and acorn nuts from the dealer to change the badly deteriorated strip on mine. Question how does the weather strip go back on? Outside curve facing up or down? Thanks, Art
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM

Sorry could not be of help. Since July 06 2013 my beloved Maggy 2006 Inferno Red SRT8 was stolen. Just to cheer myself purchased 2008 SLK 55 AMG. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:33 PM

hardwickr2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBandit View Post
Does anyone know the part number for the weather strip? I am sure my local parts man won't have a clue. Thanks in advance.
5112152-AD -$65.00 at Dealer, 48.28 through MOPAR.
Advertisement