Best Performance Mods for SRT8?? - Page 2 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SRT8

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Finkle93SRT8 is on a distinguished road

What would changing the temp stat to a 180 do?
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 06:09 PM

tonysrt8 is on a distinguished road

I have a stock 07 srt8 and I'm thinking about doing a t-stat Change. What exactly would I gain from this mod?
Old 06-12-2016, 08:52 PM

FORKLIFT352 is on a distinguished road

I just got a 2006 SRT8...came with K&N filter on a stick...thought I would raise this from the dead...lol. Thinking I will go straight to a Diablo tuner...then add mid-pipe and catback.
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 10:38 PM

hydrex is on a distinguished road

A 180 thermostat will do a lot. You can adjust fan settings to keep under hood temps down. I now have 330,000 miles on my hemi, original everything under hood, except for replacing an EGR valve and of course oil and spark plugs. There are better cold air intakes than the K&N. Check out (LMI) Legmaker intakes. Got 9 more rwhp with his on the dyno. As long as you don't have to contend with emissions, go for it. I run long tube headers, no cats and the Borla cat back with no resonators and 6" tips, plus the mild sidewinder cam (not for a SRT8) Total hp increase with those mods, went from 268 rwhp to 333 rwhp, but the tuning was a lot of getting the power.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 PM

Thanks for posting....I just got my Magnum and want to give her the best shot at preformance and longevity. I'm going to look in to the 180 mod...if you have a good link post it. ;-)
Old 06-14-2016, 12:15 AM

I read that I would need a tuner to do the 180 Thermo mod....is it just that easy to add a thermostat?
Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 PM

Allow me to bring this back from the dead....Just got an SRT8 it came with K&N set up. I'm thinking of deleting the cat without using race headers...an do the MOD on the stock exhaust.( I guess its a little restrictive) I'm hoping that my computer can handle the modifications? and show some gains and added mileage before I get my Diablo?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:42 AM

JustClerk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd3443pd View Post
I have a Diablo Trinity and love the extra features that it offers, i.e. the monitoring.
I must agree with above, it's really one of the best tuners that I worked with. Ability to switch between the max performance and the economy mode is fantastic.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:17 PM

MrMagnumSRT8 is on a distinguished road

Ok, so I recently picked up a 2006 Magnum SRT8 with 80,000mi on it. I installed a volant cold air intake as very first step, replaced cam/crank, MAP, all 16 plugs, PCV, just refreshed everything to be safe and know in my mind that I will not be sitting on side of freeway somewhere in future. Anyways, I am against the fence for next mods to come. I have been experiencing some low end bogging on accel, seems like trans just skips 2nd and goes directly to 3rd, and when I go WOT it makes lots of noise but not kick in ass I would expect from. 6.1L. So what should my next move be? I was thinking MTCM and set of Blue Tops, and also to cut the resonator out of exhaust and see how factory mufflers perform. Also install a 180° t-stat and buy a Diablo Intune. Anymore advice? I recently had 2 flashes performed to vehicle as well, one for the harsh 1-2 shift that scared crap out of me on WOT a day after I picked it up, and a PCM flash for something else they said it needed as well.

For future I def want to replace heads intake and cam, but that is a year out, as I want to get all the other little things out of the way beforehand to be ready for "the big mod". Thanks in advance
Advertisement