Took CHANCE in for alignment & front end parts. - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Dodge Magnum Discussion > Dodge Magnum General Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Took CHANCE in for alignment & front end parts.

Today I took our 05 RT (CHANCE) in for a front end alignment and get whatever front end parts replaced.

First found out that THIS CAR has been lowered with MOPAR lowering springs and appears no other parts were changed.

Then onto checking out the front suspension & here is what he found:

Both inter tie rod ends needed replacing.

Both left & right stablizer bars needed replacing.

He called me and asked what type parts I wanted. He could get those that were made in China or premium parts made in USA.
I chose to get the premium parts. Worth it to me! ~Do it right or don't do it at all!~

Total cost for Parts, alignment, labor and tax $464!

I noticed the difference right away. Front end seemed so might tighter and no dreaded "clunking" sound.

Then I stopped to the wheel shop and picked up my 3mm spacers I had ordered.... just in case I want to put my SRT wheels on THIS car!

OH... and I just couldn't help myself; did a small burn out in front of Tee even with the NEW Michelins on ~ You see she was driving her DEMON, 3.5L ride. ~LOL~

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM

magnalicious is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have been wondering about that clunking sound. Happened on my previous Magnum as well. They just replaced ball joints I believe ( I do not have the paperwork handy), That sound is still there. They tell me everything looks and feels tight. The person I bought the car from got the bumper to bumper gold warranty. so previous work was covered, but the warranty will be up in about 5k ( I drive a lot so that will go fast). Is that clunking sound typical with Magnums??? I need to get the dealer tho fix this issue before i have to pay for it. Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

99 times out of 100 it will be the "TIE ROD ENDS", mine were the inner ones. Be sure to ask specifically to have these checked. Mine also had to have left and right Stablizer links replaced!

Go getter check quick; my "clunking sound" is gone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 PM

magnalicious is on a distinguished road

Thanks!! Much appreciated.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:46 PM

SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

Sounds like $464.00 was spent on a well worth project! I like your style.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 AM

joejoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnalicious View Post
Hi, I have been wondering about that clunking sound. Happened on my previous Magnum as well. They just replaced ball joints I believe ( I do not have the paperwork handy), That sound is still there. They tell me everything looks and feels tight. The person I bought the car from got the bumper to bumper gold warranty. so previous work was covered, but the warranty will be up in about 5k ( I drive a lot so that will go fast). Is that clunking sound typical with Magnums??? I need to get the dealer tho fix this issue before i have to pay for it. Thanks

stabalizer bar bushings -- quick fix a thte dealer about $ 240.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM

One thing I can add to this; when I had my parts replaced I went with MOOG parts and when I was looking underneath the NEW stablizer bars are WAY LARGER in diameter to the stock Dodge ones! I was sure happy about that!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement