Bought a 2005 sxt awd magnum that came with 24 inch rims..... - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > All Wheel Drive Magnum

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 02:46 PM

Starstryke is on a distinguished road
Default Bought a 2005 sxt awd magnum that came with 24 inch rims.....

I bought the car pretty for a good price but I do not trust the rubber bands you have to use for tires with the 24 inch rims. I have done a bit of research and found that since the car is awd the rims that would work are harder to find. My question, what should I look for as far as rim size front and back and other particulars such as bolt pattern ect. I am still looking for a set of stock rims but they are apparently rare in the wild.
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Bolt pattern is the same, the important part is offset. Nice thing is you can use any factory AWD rim from a Magnum, Charger, Challenger or 300 of any year 05-now. From there it's preference.
Here's a couple of sets of AWD 19's:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-CHALLENG...ff396408f7c614
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-DODGE-CH...temCondition=4

They're out there, they're just generally less desirable than the RWD rims.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:03 PM

Is the offset I am looking for 7.5 still or something different ? Know that I have never bought rims just cleaned the ones I had.
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 PM

GeoffM is on a distinguished road

As an owner of both an 05 RT AWD and a 08 RT AWD I think I can answer your questions

AWD mopars have a offset of 32- 42 mm Offset is the distance between the true center of the wheel, and the point where the wheel mounts to the hub. That distance is measured in mm you can visibly see this when looking at wheel they look almost flat across the face of the rim as opposed to RWD rim which seem to fall to the center. I use 20" 8.5 wide with a 38mm offset in summer and my stock 18" 7.5 wide 32mm in winter. AWD mopars have a higher ride height so it's hard to have that filled in look - go with a adjustable air suspension if you want to lower it, cause if you lve in a state that gets snow you'll want that stock ride height in winter the Maggy is awesome in the snow,
recommend that you use nothing larger the a 20" 9 wide rim as it could cause unneeded wear on the suspension. Oh and Bolt pattern is 5x117 (5x4.5) and because I researched thinking I could use those awesome Durango SRT wheels they are 5x127 (5x5)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffM View Post
As an owner of both an 05 RT AWD and a 08 RT AWD I think I can answer your questions

AWD mopars have a offset of 32- 42 mm Offset is the distance between the true center of the wheel, and the point where the wheel mounts to the hub. That distance is measured in mm you can visibly see this when looking at wheel they look almost flat across the face of the rim as opposed to RWD rim which seem to fall to the center. I use 20" 8.5 wide with a 38mm offset in summer and my stock 18" 7.5 wide 32mm in winter. AWD mopars have a higher ride height so it's hard to have that filled in look - go with a adjustable air suspension if you want to lower it, cause if you lve in a state that gets snow you'll want that stock ride height in winter the Maggy is awesome in the snow,
recommend that you use nothing larger the a 20" 9 wide rim as it could cause unneeded wear on the suspension. Oh and Bolt pattern is 5x117 (5x4.5) and because I researched thinking I could use those awesome Durango SRT wheels they are 5x127 (5x5)
Not used to this forum setup so hopefully this comes through. This car does have an air suspension already installed. I plan to change it to another version of air suspension if possible as the setup right now has the pumps in the spot where the spair tire is supposed to be kept. I have heard of some air shocks that you air up individually which does sound like a better option to me. I am in SE Texas so snow is almost certainly not an issue. However recent events have shown that flooding is definitely something to look out for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190218_111706_1561087557255.jpg (609.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-20-2019, 03:01 AM

baseballkid09 is on a distinguished road

I went with some 20x9 viper reps with +47mm offset and they fit awesome with no rub. I believe you can fit up to +55 on the AWD magnum, but dont quote me.
Advertisement