Windshield Washer Supply Line Repalcement - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Detailing and General Maintenance Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM

ColdBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Windshield Washer Supply Line Repalcement

I am on my 3rd Magnum R/T, this one being a 2008.
Been using a BugWash (green colored) from the local grocery store for years. Apparently this has alcohol that has hardened the plastic supply lines to like glass. They are so brittle just trying to flex them a little breaks them.
Replaced the front washer system hoses yesterday using 5/32" (OD) rubber vacuum/washer line and 3/16" connectors from the local
autoparts store.
But also taking advice from my Dodge Dealer, I replaced the Nozzles (04805742AB) as well because he said they were probably just as likely to break apart as the supply lines.
Of course, the hood's insulator panel had to be removed and the Fasteners (04878883AA) replaced as the originals had to be cut off to remove as they are one-way type pronged fasteners.
So I spent some time and money yesterday on the front washers.
Now to the rear window washer. That supply line is brittle and broken in several places. In fact trying to wrap tape around it will break it.
So my question is has anyone had the rear supply line replaced, and if so, what path does it travel?

Bottom line is check the contents of your washer fluid. This alcohol en-brittlement is akin to what happens to 2-cycle chainsaw and trimmer motor fuel lines. Luckily, around here I can but gasoline without the ethanol.