MagnaFlow with R/T cylinder redundancy issues..? - Page 2 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - R/T > R/T Exhaust

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 PM

greymag is on a distinguished road

I simply deleted the suitcase muffler and replaced it with an x-pipe and run with the resonators only. No drone, a little rumble at idle and it howls at WOT. Saves 500.00 which would be better spent elsewhere like a Diablo w/ SRT8 manifolds. This is good for an instant 35+ hp.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2021, 05:24 PM

Wagons4Ever is on a distinguished road
Default Drone On!

I bought my '06 Magnum RT with an SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust system already installed. It wasn't the volume of the exhaust, but the terrible drone at about 1800 RPM that I didn't like. I initially installed some bullet-style resonators to the system, and although that quieted the overall volume (not really what I was trying to accomplish), it did little, if anything to reduce the drone. I then had some Magnaflow (oval style) mufflers installed, which still didn't reduce the drone. I'd appreciate your guys' inputs and guidance on a system (or combination of systems) you have used which increases the flow over the stock exhaust system, but has a minimal amount of drone, especially at that 1800-2000 RPM range. Again, I don't mind the loudness of the exhaust, just the terrible drone and the resultant vibration it sends throughout the car.
Thanks, Tony
Old 01-16-2021, 07:47 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagons4Ever View Post
I bought my '06 Magnum RT with an SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust system already installed. It wasn't the volume of the exhaust, but the terrible drone at about 1800 RPM that I didn't like. I initially installed some bullet-style resonators to the system, and although that quieted the overall volume (not really what I was trying to accomplish), it did little, if anything to reduce the drone. I then had some Magnaflow (oval style) mufflers installed, which still didn't reduce the drone. I'd appreciate your guys' inputs and guidance on a system (or combination of systems) you have used which increases the flow over the stock exhaust system, but has a minimal amount of drone, especially at that 1800-2000 RPM range. Again, I don't mind the loudness of the exhaust, just the terrible drone and the resultant vibration it sends throughout the car.
Thanks, Tony
1. Why did you necromance an almost 10yr old thread with....
2. The same exact gobbledeegook you posted in someone else's for sale thread?
Old 01-17-2021, 03:42 PM

Wagons4Ever is on a distinguished road

Let me first apologize for disturbing the dead on this forum. I initially searched for instructions on how to post a new thread, and thought I was doing it correctly by finding the forum section for exhaust discussions and then finding a thread that was close to what my question was. I'm thinking as a senior member of this forum, your goal would be first to educate new members as to the correct protocols, and second to generally foster communication and discussion on topics that relate to our vehicles. I believe you failed here on both counts with the reply you sent to my post/question. Now, if we can reset and you can give me some guidance on the correct way to open this discussion topic, I'd appreciate it. If by chance this topic has already been covered extensively, I'd appreciate your help letting me know how to search for that information (by the way, that's what I did to start with, which brought me down the path I took). Thank you.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:55 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me first apologize for disturbing the dead on this forum.
Quote:
I initially searched for instructions on how to post a new thread, and thought I was doing it correctly by finding the forum section for exhaust discussions and then finding a thread that was close to what my question was.
Basic forum etiquette is to not hijack someone else's thread for your own ends, which you failed on both posts, especially on a 'for sale' post. Generally threads that are substantially old (say like, ten years or so) tend to have out of date information and haven't been replied to for a reason. By that point it 1) makes sense to start a new thread that is your own and not someone's sloppy seconds/leftovers and 2) goes along with good forum etiquette.

Quote:
I'm thinking as a senior member of this forum, your goal would be first to educate new members as to the correct protocols, and second to generally foster communication and discussion on topics that relate to our vehicles. I believe you failed here on both counts with the reply you sent to my post/question.
'Senior member' means I've been here long enough and/or certain post count. Does not mean I am your hand holder/babysitter or mentor. If I have pertinent info to give, I give it. Otherwise I don't care lol. You're an adult, act like one. If you can't function independently in society, move back in with your parents (or find a caregiver/babysitter).

Quote:
Now, if we can reset and you can give me some guidance on the correct way to open this discussion topic, I'd appreciate it.
My bad, I'm sorry things like "FAQ's" (Frequently Asked Questions, which tells you how to do things, like post new threads) and that cute little obvious "New thread" button are difficult concepts (see attachment).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (327.6 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement