Kind of a misfire... - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Dodge Magnum Discussion > Dodge Magnum General Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2016, 11:57 AM

FORKLIFT352 is on a distinguished road
Default Kind of a misfire...

After new spark plugs fuel system cleaning 5 updates to my various computers...every once and a great while when I gun it out of a corner...she does a little "fart"...some times it seems the transmission isn't sure what gear it needs to be in...in relation to RPM's. I have a bluetooth data logger and scan tool coming and I hope to find out why it hiccups...I do have some Accel coil packs coming...and I changed the MAF in the K&N air filter assembly...I have not thrown any codes since I have done this work.
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016, 06:43 PM

Got my Scantool MX last night and this is going to be a leaning curve...
One reading is O2 Sensor 1 and its all over the bored at a high rate of speed..
the other is O2 Sensor 2 and it fluctuates some up and down...not sure which one...if any..is not working correctly...I'll keep working on it.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:38 PM

ottoscorch is on a distinguished road

had a ruff idle / run condition (almost a stall situation)the boys at the dealership down the road put rotators on the valves(under warranty) not sure if it was only the exhaust or not but got 260 k on my 3.5 HO and it still pulls 6500 rpm no problem..it gets tuned every 100k and timing belt toboot(do it myself)
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 AM

Thanks for the reply......." rotors" on the valves???
I find that when I get my foot in to it from a stand still making a turn ....it spudders little. It does seem to have a rough idle. I'm thinking because I have a k&n the ecu can't handle the extra air...or maybe the fuel pump is going out...idk
Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 AM

ottoscorch is on a distinguished road
Default rotators

Having rotators on your valves helps to remove any carbon buildup on the valve seats and therefore they will close with much more sealing effect...I have also found a small problem with using K&N filters in newer vehicles as they are coated with a small thin film of oil ,the sensors in the intake do not like this ..affects their ability to collect information as to air quantity and quality ..try without and also your fuel pump and or the pump assembly that transfers fuel from one side of tank to the other may be faulty..
Old 07-08-2016, 06:05 PM

Thank you for replying....ya, all of your input is very welcome....I thought of that stuff as well....just didn't know where to start....but low and behold! A little more google-fu and it was my ESP....by pushing the off button I have had no issues..there is also a MOD that you add a power shut off switch...which I will be doing.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:45 PM

I developed a lifter tick...Had the dealer pull it out to find I had a worn cam shaft...ugh
So replaced all lifters and cam shaft as well as timing chain...Oh! also new battery it was had....Runs like a top exept it stalls once and a while at stop light. I could go and change cam censor and all that...but I think a PCM is the deal....
Old 03-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Banned

fiieoks is on a distinguished road

Got my Scantool MX last night and this is going to be a leaning curve...
One reading is O2 Sensor 1 and its all over the bored at a high rate of speed..
Advertisement