Trunk release glitch - Page 3 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 02:38 PM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road

The problem sounds to me to be in the electric door lock system, it may be the rear latch is not getting the unlock signal, check the drivers door switch's making sure to check the unlock action of all the doors, problem may lay in the door lock module also check for broken wire between hatch and body at the bending point. I had an antenna wire that broke inside the insulation, it would make contact when to hatch was open but lost it when closed due to the pull of the closing action
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2018, 10:22 PM

Lucky is on a distinguished road

JUST got back home so sorry for the late late reply. I'll take some photos tomorrow if you're still needing the help. HOPE you figured it out.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Magnasport is on a distinguished road
Default Rear hatch release

If you want to try another release assembly, try 1 from your nearest "U-pull it auto recycler" (I love those places) you can buy 1 dirt cheap.

I got a trunk release button/switch from a charger for a $1.00 and then plugged into the existing plug under the dash near the OBD 2 port. then added a 1/4 watt resistor. I put that in over 2 years ago and it works great. lots of youtube vids to show you how.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM

crusade is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Unfortunatelly we dont have any U-pull it Auto Recycler in sweden where I live...
Advertisement