07 Magnum Timing Belt broke while running - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 04:33 PM

banelson63 is on a distinguished road
Angry 07 Magnum Timing Belt broke while running

Hello all, this is my first post and I hope someone can advise me.
My daughters 2007 Magnum SXT AWD broke a timing belt while on the freeway. I replaced the belt, pump, idler, etc. I test started it before I installed the balancer and serpentine, so only ran it for a few seconds. Upon starting it the second time, it had a noticeable shake at low idle. I assumed it had jumped a tooth so tore it back down to check. It appeared that it had indeed jumped a tooth, so I reinstalled the belt and double checked the alignment again.
Now it starts really hard, you have to crank it for at least 10 seconds or more. It still has the low idle shake, but will smooth out as you increase the RPM's.
Is the 3.5 an interference motor and could I have damaged the valve train?
I replaced the CPS just in case.
Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks