Clean Engine ans Bay - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Engine Cleaning

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 12:50 AM

jaxdon will become famous soon enough
Default Clean Engine ans Bay

Just bought my 06 RT and the Engine and Engine compartment could use some cleaning... It is like sone oil seepage on the parts, and dust that is attracted to it. I used to use the Do It Yourself car wash, and engine degreaser. But there none of this type anymore, due to contamitating the water supply. Can't even use the De-greaser anymore.
So how do those with a sparkling engine do it??
Jack
06 RT, SO CAL.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

I use Simple Green. Put it in a spray bottle and let it set a couple of minutes before rinsing. You may need to get yourself a few different size brushes to do some scrubbing for those stubborn areas.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 PM

jaxdon will become famous soon enough
Smile Clean Engine & Bay

Great Idea, Simple Green----I'll try it...

But since I am from the 60s era, where we could squirt everything down with the hose without any worry, (except the windows being down), will hosing the engine bay down good screw up any of the electronics and//or some of the new technology?
Jack Smith
SoCal
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

I use "GUNK" brand engine degreaser and detailer found at Auto Zone and it works GREAT. YOU spray it on; let sit for about 10 minutes; spray it of with light water pressure; let dry and spray again and let sit; looks like GLASS!

You gotta be careful when you buy it though as their is just the degreaser type too.... be sure it is degreaser/detailer!

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 12-03-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxdon View Post
Great Idea, Simple Green----I'll try it...

But since I am from the 60s era, where we could squirt everything down with the hose without any worry, (except the windows being down), will hosing the engine bay down good screw up any of the electronics and//or some of the new technology?
Jack Smith
SoCal
Avoid spraying the power center/fuse box areas. Most of the equipment on the newer rides are pretty much water tight but no need to take any chances.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement