Donut Spare Tire - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Custom Chassis - Suspension > Wheels And Tires

Notices

Old 01-17-2022, 12:10 AM

gkayvee is on a distinguished road
Default Donut Spare Tire

Hi! I recently bought a 06 Mag SRT8. It has the TIREFIT compressor and no donut spare. Can that be replaced/converted to a donut spare? And what size donut spare will fit in the back and also be large enough diameter to work as a spare? Searched this site and didn't find anything...
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2022, 09:56 PM

plumbersnitemare is on a distinguished road
Default donut spare

not sure what diameter the tire needs to be to work but my 07 rt has a large diameter donut spare under rear storage compartment next to battery and even if it is a little smaller it would still work for enough to get to tire store
Old 02-04-2022, 11:43 AM

LSASr is on a distinguished road

The issue is a typical donuts will not fit because the Brembo brakes get in the way. When I got my Mag 10 years ago the only solution I could find was on Ebay. A guy built a kit that had a large aluminum spacer to allow the installed wheel to clear the brakes. I just looked on Ebay and that is no longer available BUT it seem in the intervening time there is a donut size available that will clear the brake. It is expensive but if you ever need it it will save lots of money. Not sure is you are aware but most roll-on flatbed wreckers would not load those early SRTs on because they don't want to be responsible for the front end damage because it sits so low. Look in Ebay for "SRT 8 Spare Tire Kit". With all the bells its $420.

As to the low front end after 2 events hanging the front on a parking bumper and several thousand dollars I found a Company that did custom air bag upgrades and replaced the front end spring system with air bags. I can drop the front end about 2" lower than normal and about 6" higher. If I get over a parking bumper I just switch on the pump jack the front up and back off. The avoidance of one front end replacement paid for the work.

2006 Silver SRT8 50,000 miles, remote start, chromed wheels, Mopar Performance CAI and Exhaust System, 2008 MyGig Nav System, Air bag front suspension, Diablo Tuner

Last edited by LSASr; 02-04-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement