ABS Warning light. - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Magnum Club Regional Chapters! > Canada

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 AM

BeastRT05 is on a distinguished road
Default ABS Warning light.

Hey Magnumland, my ABS light comes on intermittently on my 05 RT. Which also turns off the ESP. And traction control off on Edmonton, Alberta roads right now is annoying. I understand that this could be a wide range of problems. But, if anyone has any suggestions on narrowing down what it might possibly be. That would be awesome. Thanks in Advance.

Tim
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

If it were me, I'd pull fuse #11 under the hood to reset the computer and see IF it comes back on or not.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 10-13-2014, 11:14 AM

jon e magnum is on a distinguished road

I agree with NOTPAID4. I have had a few occasions of idiot lights coming on and after the first time I went to the shop with it they said that they just rebooted to computer. I have had to do it a couple of times myself and it solved my problem
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 02:21 PM

It's the ABS modual that is the problem. The dealer wants $895.00 for the part and a couple hundred for the install. Looking at other options such as wrecked cars or rebuilt units. Which are a fraction of the cost. But, those are aren't dealer guaranteed parts. For such an important system. It might be wise to go the dealer route.

Thoughts????
Old 10-14-2014, 09:04 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

That PRICE IS CRAZY. I had to replace an ABS sensor on my Ford Explorer and the total cost was just under $200. I know it's NOT a Dodge but think about it and at least try another dealer for a second opinion.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 PM

I know, it's nuts. The sensors aren't the problem. I took it to the dodge dealer as well as the Goodyear service shop. They both have me the same answer and the dealers quote was cheaper. It's a little black box next to the windshield washer fluid resovour. It controls 12 little Pistons that control the ABS traction control. I wouldn't worry about it. But living in an environment that has 6months of snow. traction control comes in handy. There is a place in Florida that will sell me a module for for half the cost. Probably leaning towards that unless I can find a used one.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:18 PM

It's taken a while. But, I finally found a ABS module from a similar wrecked car. I was told I could have gone with parts from a 300 or charger as they have the same parts as well. I found the module with pump for $150.00. Don't need the pump at all. And at this point just have to take it to the dealer so they can swap out the part and "initialize" it with the Star scanner computer as the car needs to "marry" the part in order for everything to work gether. Total cost to fix will be around $400 bucks. Which is way easier to swallow then $1200. Had to chat directly to the shop Forman as no one else really had a clue what to do.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:24 PM

Well at least that will save you some bucks!

Old 03-22-2015, 04:39 PM

snarky is on a distinguished road
Default It'd the axle tone ring

I replaced speed sensors to no avail. It turned out to be tone ring on axle. Shop will want to sell you the whole axle but the tone rings can be replaced only. Got them at modern muscle. It fixed the issue.

https://www.modernmuscleperformance....es-Half-Shafts

Regards snarky
Advertisement