Microfiber --- Is bigger better? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

MadDad is on a distinguished road
Default Microfiber --- Is bigger better?

Been a fan of microfiber towels for ages and have a wide assortment in the garage and in the car for cleaning, drying, waxing, wiping, etc. Most of the microfiber towels I use are the small/medium size and they work well. I picked up a 3-pack of large (bath towel) size microfibers and decided to use them today to dry The Bumble after washing him (in 40 degree weather).
I am normally a believer in "bigger is better" but in the case of microfiber towels I found the larger size rather unwieldy to use. I simply couldn't get the maximum drying/wiping use out of it before it got to wet to do anything with, then it was tough for me to wring it out to use again.
Anybody found a use for the larger size that I'm not thinking of, or are you fans of them?
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 PM

Igolo has a spectacular aura aboutIgolo has a spectacular aura about

I've never used the microfiber to dry the ride before. I could see how a large one would kind of be a pain to use. I love them for removing wax and cleaning, they are hard to beat.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Well Tee and I went to a detail clinic a couple of weeks ago and she got her R/T (Angel) detailed for free for letting them demo with her ride. They washed her car, used the LARGE microfiber towel and I thought it worked surprising well, however I haven't tried it myself. Maybe they knew a TRICK... LOL
When they dryed with it, they just kept wringing it out and didn't see them have any problems. For Tee's birthday I just bought her a pack of 10; 5 large and 5 medium size microfiber towels. So I guess we'll see when the time comes.
Today, when I waxed LUCKY, I used ONE small towel to spread the quick spray detailer and a larger one to dry, however mine are NOT the large ones.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 PM

MadDad is on a distinguished road

That's the problem I had with the LARGE towels -- they're too big for me to wring them out enough to use them to dry with. Suppose I'll just stick with the smaller ones to dry with and maybe use the big ones for waxing
Old 12-23-2010, 11:11 AM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDad View Post
That's the problem I had with the LARGE towels -- they're too big for me to wring them out enough to use them to dry with. Suppose I'll just stick with the smaller ones to dry with and maybe use the big ones for waxing
Sounds 'bout right!!!! It appears that we WON'T be doing any more detailing until NEXT YEAR! 60 here yesterday, 28 today and wind really blowing out there.... ME..... I'm stayin INSIDE TODAY!!!
(Sigh, my R/T is so darn clean and I can't drive it.... this darn dirt road is killing ME ~ LOL~)

Old 02-26-2011, 09:56 PM

Just picked me up about a dozen Microfiber towels, small to medium ones!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 PM

Manny72 is on a distinguished road

I love Microfiber but I only use small and medium Towels

www.300cforumz.com/member.php?u=446 and
www.chargerforumz.com/member.php?u=14050
Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM

DMagnum35L is on a distinguished road

MadDad, Who would you say carries the best quality micro fibers or are they all pretty much the same? In my invetory I have thick and thin weave is one better than the other?

DMag in NJ
Advertisement