Oil Dipstick Sticky - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Oil Change - Lubrication - Fluids

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 07:58 AM

ColdBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Oil Dipstick Sticky

Over the years my 2008 RT's yellow plastic pull ring's handle is harder and harder to pull out of the tube. I have applied silicone grease to the o-ring, cleaned the inside of the tube, but the issue continues and in fact getting harder and harder to withdraw the dipstick. I think, being plastic, its only a matter of time before it breaks off and I don't want that to happen. What is your opinion on just removing the o-ring...?
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2020, 12:55 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

HemiLonestar is on a distinguished road

Replace the handle or get a new whole dipstick. Seems to me the plastic swells no matter what you do. My 06 R/T had this issue.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:10 PM

MikeM is on a distinguished road

I would replace it ASAP. I had the yellow plastic piece break off in the filler tube, and it was a PITA to get it out. There are several vendors which can provide a stainless or billet replacement that works with the existing dipstick. After this happened, I did the same with all of my other cars too....
Advertisement