Best Performance Mods for SRT8?? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SRT8

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Socaldreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Best Performance Mods for SRT8??

Just purchased a Bright Silver 2006 Magnum SRT8 with only 13k miles!! Im new to forumz and not really sure if Im doing it right...but I need to ask the pros...What are the best performance mods for the SRT8?? I know at the very least that I want a Tuner/Programmer, an exhaust system (possibly headers), and a CAI. Please let me know what products have impressed those that have them are definitely worth the money as i really want to do it up right the first time...and if there are any other ideas to getting the most from my engine they'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

I am running the Predator Tuner, CAI, 180 Tstat, Flowmaster exhaust and a few other mods. The Predator is a must have! It really unleashes the HEMI!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:26 AM

Thanks! I too thought about the 180 T-stat but what exactly does that do? Im new to programmers, will research the Predator like you suggest, but was also looking into the Diablo Intune which I hear good things about. Thinking of a Corsa or Borla for the exhaust/header system. Also the Mopar Long Tube Ram Air CAI which dips down into the wheel well for cold air. Know anything about these items? And what are your thoughts on throttle bodies and spacers? Like the T-Stat, what can I expect from these?
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 01:28 AM

Red face

That might be too many questions huh!?
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

I did NOT do any engine, exhaust or suspension mods. I do have a Predator and a LegMaker "HAMMER DESIGN" CAI and love the way mine runs.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM

bigdoug92 is on a distinguished road

Corsa exhaust is a MUST. Thats what i have on mine and i love it. Heard good things about Diablo like you said, but i havent decided to go out and get one yet
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 PM

Jd3443pd is on a distinguished road

I have a Diablo Trinity and love the extra features that it offers, i.e. the monitoring.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 PM

hydrex is on a distinguished road

The best mod that you can do for the money is a cam upgrade. You will need a Diablo tuner if you do a cam, however. I have Longtube headers, gutted cats, Borla 5" tip system with no resonators and an Air Hammer (LMI Style) intake on my lowly 5.7 hemi and a mild cam (sidewinder). I picked up 81 dyno verified rwhp with those mods, about equal to a stock SRT8. Seriously, a 6.1 SRT8 with a hot cam, ported heads and a couple more mods, is a real hot rod.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Finkle93SRT8 is on a distinguished road

Do you need a programmer to change the temp stat to a 180?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:52 PM

hydrex is on a distinguished road

No, you can do things like thermostat, cat back exhaust and probably a cold air intake, before you run into trouble. Without a tuner, you won't be able to add fuel or adjust timing. I actually ran long tube headers, hi flow cats, 180F thermostat and a sidewinder cam (5.7 cam) on a Superchip tune and luckily didn't hurt my motor. After getting it cmr Diablo tuned on a Mustang Dyno by TDP and (hemifever) Sean Powell, holy cow! Shift points were raised, fuel trims and timing adjusted, torque management and I have no idea what else. For my money, today, if I had a SRT8, I'd get a Diablo tuner and talk to Inertia about a cam. I run one of their cams in my Ram, awesome!
Advertisement