Transmission stuck in park. - Page 2 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Magnum Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Magnum Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM

TennMag is on a distinguished road

Good morning, I had the same issue with my 2007 Magnum but I took it to a independent garage. Then I found out it was a recall. I sent Dodge an email about it. They paid me $300.00out of the $600. because I did not bring to dealer.
At the time it broke all I wanted to do is get it fixed for the least amount of $$ because I was going to pay.

Did anyone receive a recall notice on this issue? Please let me know Because I would like to get the other $300. plus change back.
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennMag View Post
Good morning, I had the same issue with my 2007 Magnum but I took it to a independent garage. Then I found out it was a recall. I sent Dodge an email about it. They paid me $300.00out of the $600. because I did not bring to dealer.
At the time it broke all I wanted to do is get it fixed for the least amount of $$ because I was going to pay.

Did anyone receive a recall notice on this issue? Please let me know Because I would like to get the other $300. plus change back.
Thanks

^^^As for YOU... two things... the trans shop that charged you $600 really stuck it to you and IF you got $300 back from Chrysler feel real lucky. There is NO RECALL on this; just a TSB. AND.. not all of our cars are on the listing... I have SIX magnums and NONE of my vin numbers were on the list so they would NOT help me at all!

I ended up replacing mine myself; not awful bad to do but still a real pain. I replaced mine with the BT metal one. This is why I believe the trans shop YOU used was a ripoff... of course just my opinion.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 PM

TennMag is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for information

First of all, why do you have 6 magnums and thank you for the reply. I think they are sharp & unique looking, but 6? Like I tell people "This is not your Fathers station wagon".One of the reasons the charge was $600.00 was because about $100.00 of it was for the tow.

The repair shop seemed to charge more when you have a brother that thinks force is the way to fix thinks. My brother went and pulled it back to the drive position just as I was getting to the information in the owners manual on what to do.

I'm still waiting to see if I get any response for the rest of the money. But at least it is fixed. That was the only issue with the car since I purchased it in 2008.

Thank you for getting back to me, I'll let you know what I hear from Dodge.
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 05:45 PM

Midniteblues is on a distinguished road
Default You Tube fix $8 bucks

Followed this you tube presentation. Bought the part ( a upgraded OEM part) and fix it with 45 minutes.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:46 PM

dh23t is on a distinguished road

I had this same problem. I purchased something from ebay, claiming to solve the problem. A metal piece, rather than plastic. I installed it, and it worked for a while. But then it started again. quick solution was to remove the chrome trim from around the shifter and push the Pink Thing toward the shifter near the rear with a ball point pen, and it would allow the transmission to be shifted out of park.
Permanent ( so far) solution is when you have the pink thing pushed toward the shifter handle,run a small screw ( #6 x 1/2") between the pink thing and the plastic part beneath/beside it. This keeps the pink part pushed in permanently.
Advertisement