2005 SXT front end noise and tire wear - Page 2 - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Custom Chassis - Suspension

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Evil Pedders Guy Since 06

Rob@WretchedMS is on a distinguished road

aside from the tie rods, you have 6 ball joints, 2 sway bar links, and 10 bushings that could be making noise.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

docjackson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to docjackson

I have an 06 SXT and I bought all new suspension and ball joints torque bars you name it got replace at about 46000 miles. I had the same issues so I went nuts and just replaced everything so now when I bring it in and try to say anything about my suspension I laugh and walk away. when I get new wheels for it I'll have it realigned and go from there.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM

Magnum Dre is on a distinguished road

found out Friday where my vibration is coming from. Went to get a high speed balance and the guy called me in to take a look at my problems. Along with bad tie rods, I have two bent rims. The rims not even a year old yet. I hate jersey streets. Guess it's time to do away with the 22" chromes and get factory chromes. If it's not 1 thing its another.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 AM

Little Red Wagon is on a distinguished road

These cars are notorious for front end problems. Most, if not all, can be eliminated by replacing all the major parts (struts, inner and outer tie rods, stabilizer bushings and in some cases upper and lower ball joints) with something other than OEM (ie, Moog, Belstien, etc). Don't know how many miles on your car, but not uncomon for the OEM to go bad at 30K. About the rear -- get a second opinion from a shop that specializes in suspensions.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:39 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough

Long and Blue said -
Now to the rear wheels, mine were leaned in at the top and pointed inward. Kind of pigeon toed (Camber and Caster I believe.) I think the pointing inward was adjusted out BUT the pointing inward couldn't be corrected all the way because Dodge built in this situation in case you hauled something heavy in the rear cargo area. With that extra weight, it was cause the rear to squat...thus making the tires straight up and down (normal I think) but who in the hell would be hauling heavy stuff in such a car all the time?

My 07 Magnum is a Police Packge Magnum.

THAT'S WHO HAULS WEIGHT in the rear of their car all the time.

Radios, real sized spare tire and lots of 'other stuff' that adds over three hundred pounds to the rear of the car. You should have seen now stiff the rear shocks were. My mechanic had a time getting the rear shocks off, they were so long and stiff.

So hope that answers your question.
Advertisement