rotors - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Dodge Magnum Performance Mods Engine - SXT

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM

shiba88 is on a distinguished road
Default rotors

Anybody have issues with front rotors warping ? Already put new set on and i have some shaking in steering wheel at high speed when i hit the brakes. I put on stock rotors wondering if I should up grade.
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

Iv'e heard of problems with some rotors, guess it depends on brand.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 09-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Administrator

jkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nicejkelly16 is just really nice

Look into R1Concepts.
Check in
Here!
Click for ForumZ How To's
Want to become a Site Supporter? Click Here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

NOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the roughNOTPAID4 is a jewel in the rough

If it were ME and when that time comes, I'll try AutoZone, Advance or O'Reillys, can't beat the price and lifetime warranty.

15 LX FAMILY; 7 300's, 6 magnums & 2 chargers]
Old 09-20-2015, 06:51 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough

I'm getting ready to install some new Baer DecelaSport Rotors drilled and slotted with some EBC red stuff brakes pads (low dust ceramic mix)...

I'll let you know how it comes out
Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 PM

wallew will become famous soon enough

I finished the rotor install with new pads about a week ago.

I purchased Baer Decela Sport Rotors (cross drilled and slotted) and put in EBC Red Stuff brake pads (the police package set)...

I LOVE this setup.

I got it from Autoanything.com - cost was $720 shipped

Because mine is a police package magnum, I had to upgrade the rear brakes a little bit and had to have two talks with Baer before we figured it out. But less than two days later, I had replacements purchased and shipped to me.

Like I said, it would have been no biggie, except for the fact that my Magnum Police interceptor has rear brakes that are 1" larger than stock...

But if your is stock, less than $800 shipped. I LOVE the look and the EBC Red Stuff pads are great.

I was expecting to have some noise the first 100 - 200 miles. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. NADA. And wow, what a difference.

I too had warped front rotors. THAT issue is gone. Plus you get three year warranty on the rotors. For the price, they are more expensive than stock, but I suspect these will last a LOT longer and they certainly work a lot better.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:38 PM

Magnumdriver is on a distinguished road

I went to eBay and bought stock size drilled and slotted rotors I do non-emergency transport with my Magnum and put on anywhere from 250 to 350 miles a day in town driving stock ones definitely warped my new ones work great got them off of eBay on sale for $32 free shipping for both would definitely use ceramic pads the cheaper pads will make a loud squealing noise
Old 11-15-2016, 12:03 PM

ColtMagnum is on a distinguished road

I've bought rotors warped rotors from several places. Its always a good idea to have new rotors turned before installation, because chances are someone dropped that rotor a few times before it got into your hands. Trust me, I've worked at these warehouses lol
Old 09-10-2020, 09:16 PM

MID61 will become famous soon enough
Default Rotors

I installed Powerstop drilled & slotted rotors front & rear with pads & ss clips as a complete kit. You can also get the Calipers too. Have had no problems with them at all.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:21 PM

oldstyle45 is on a distinguished road
Default not rotors

I had this experience 4 years ago on my 05 Maggie rt . I found that the mechanics at tire kingdom had switched my factory solid chromed factory nuts with cheap ones and the shoulders that touch the rim was half as big as factory . I bought new factory lug nuts and that solved everything . I took some 600 sandpaper and cleaned up the holes in my factory rims because there was flacking build up that had to be removed .
Advertisement