Radio swap out.Need help? - Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum
Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum  

Go Back   Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum > Dodge Magnum Forum - Custom Dodge Magnum Performance and Mods Zone - Custom Dodge Magnum Mods! > Custom Dodge Magnum Interior Modifications & Audio / Video

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 PM

still in stock is on a distinguished road
Smile Radio swap out.Need help?

I have a 2006 R/T none nav radio and would like to swap out the radio to a aftermarket (double din) radio and would like to know if i get the radio bezel for a factory nav system would it fit?also i have the big speakers in the door from the factory and the boston acoustic system and does anything need to be changed to keep the (??factory door subwoofers??).any help would be good before tearing up the dash and spending $150.00+ on a radio bezel.The set up im looking for is 2 head rest monitors and the main head unit to play the headrest for the kids in the back....Thanks for all you help
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Magnum Forum Senior Member!

Igolo has a spectacular aura aboutIgolo has a spectacular aura about

I can't help ya with the Boston acoustics speakers, my car didn't come with that set up. Mine just had the stock 4 6x9's. I can tell you that the Nav bezel will fit your car perfectly. You'll still need an install kit to go with the radio but it will fill the hole in the nav bezel perfectly. That's the setup I added to my mag.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM

jaxdon will become famous soon enough
Default B u cam

I have an 06 RT without Nav. Can I change out the bezel and add a Back-up Camera? Where would I find one ??
Jack SoCal
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Jd3443pd is on a distinguished road

First you will need one of the REC Nav radios that has a small 3 pin or 4 pin plug in the rear for the back-up camera. I've attached an image of the rear of a REC Nav radio w/the plug. Yes you can change out the bezel. You can find pretty decent deals on back-up cameras on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxdon View Post
I have an 06 RT without Nav. Can I change out the bezel and add a Back-up Camera? Where would I find one ??
Jack SoCal
Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Jd3443pd is on a distinguished road

If you get a double din radio you will still need a dash kit in order for the aftermarket radio to fit in a Nav bezel. You will also need the can bus adapter for your new radio to work with the stock amps and speakers. I have a Pioneer Avic unit and it allows for video output to allow for headrest monitors and even an input for a back-up camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by still in stock View Post
I have a 2006 R/T none nav radio and would like to swap out the radio to a aftermarket (double din) radio and would like to know if i get the radio bezel for a factory nav system would it fit?also i have the big speakers in the door from the factory and the boston acoustic system and does anything need to be changed to keep the (??factory door subwoofers??).any help would be good before tearing up the dash and spending $150.00+ on a radio bezel.The set up im looking for is 2 head rest monitors and the main head unit to play the headrest for the kids in the back....Thanks for all you help
Advertisement